Anyone with sky broadband

is anyone having the same problems as me with sky broadband, slow speed dropped connections unable to access it. any help appreciated:loopy::help:

I'm on my Dad's Sky BB connection now in Stannington, and when it works it works it's good, but the supplied router is a piece of crap! Regularly times out if it's not constantly in use, which kills the connection and then it takes up to 10-15 minutes to get anything like a good connection back.

Yep Sky is absolute ****! I have to turn the power off on the router and then restart when it slows down or stops.:rant:

Aborted Sky.

When I moved in to new home they kept trying to hard sell it to me, but never actually got it sorted for me.

I knew that it was available in my area but after two months of waiting and being given the response "You'll just have to wait some time" by the lovely on the ball helpdesk I gave up.

Everytime a salesman did the application they told me I would receive a code via email or pose....it never came.

Yep Sky is absolute ****! I have to turn the power off on the router and then restart when it slows down or stops.:rant:

thats the only way i can connect sometimes,power off router, so whats the answer, am i stuck with the 12 month contract ???

Perhaps we're the odd ones out, but (touch wood) our Sky Broadband has been fine!

thats the only way i can connect sometimes,power off router, so whats the answer, am i stuck with the 12 month contract ???

Yep afraid so, unless u want to cancel the contract and pay towards it. I'm just waiting for the contract to finish

Agree with all the above, its really bad and at one point I was singing its praises on here lol. Every night 4/5 times I have to reboot the router even tho its connected relatively low speed with fine noise margin, I even have flashed the router firmware with the up to date netgear one (normally comes with a Sky specific one) but that has not improved things.

Quick question, for anyone who has connection probs, how long is the telephone cable from the router to the main bt box

I was having connection problems with AOL and switched to Sky earlier this year. After experiencing the same problems I eventually bought a new PC which has now been running Sky Broadband, problem free, for ten weeks.

A friend of mine had problems with Sky Broadband from the off. He suspected a faulty router but they kept telling him it was his PC and not the router. Eventually they conceded it was the router and he was sent a new one. Since then he constantly has to reboot it and it has since again broke so he is awaiting another one.