Get Wednesdayite Out!!

If Allen hadn't given those shares away in the first place we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Wasn't it part of the deal for buying the shares in the first place?

Wasn't it part of the deal for buying the shares in the first place?

No, he was advised to do it.

If Allen wants to get out, then why doesn't he?

I would have thought that a group of fans would have more interest in the clubs well being than a businessman.

Allen wants those shares on the cheap

Fully agree.

I seriously cant believe how naive the majority of posters on this forum seem to be on this matter.

I would suggest that people take time to listen to both sides of the argument prior to casting judgement.

It isnt just the labour party who are masters of political spin.

I agree totaly, im sick of the way we are run and if something is not done quick were going back to div 1. At the end of the day allan wants out and wednesdayite will not give back the shares to sell but thats what is needed, talk about a promotion push there taking the p... !

Another falsehood.

wednesdayite have openly stated they will talk to any potential investor & if the membership vote for it either sell or donate the shares.

The bottom line is that the current chairman wont even discuss anything with them.

Thats where the blockage is to progress!

Although i`m no businessman I do believe the only way forward for our beloved Owls is to get rid of Wednesdayite. In my mind the best way to do this is to get as many proper Wednesday fans as possible to join Wednesdayite then cause a EGM to get rid of their board, then return the shares to the club so the club can be sold to an investor that will buy the current board out along with the Wednesdayite shares, any opinions?

Although I assume your judgement to be based upon the one sided propaganda that comes from the powers that be.

Youve actually hit the nail on the head.

Any one can join wednesdayite- yes anyone - even the chaiman or chief exec if they wanted to.

Therefore if more people joined & voted to do anything such as give the shares back it would happen.

Wednesdayite is neither anti Dave Allen or Pro Dave Daven.

However they are Pro-SWFC.

The point that everyone is missing is that Wednesdayite own over 10% of the shares actually a greater stake than DA.

However circa 60% of the shares ( Please at least recognise that 60% would be a majority holding!) sit outside the current board & wednesdayite combined.

Thats the real problem!

Although I assume your judgement to be based upon the one sided propaganda that comes from the chairman.

Youve actually hit the nail on the head.

Any one can join wednesdayite- yes anyone - even the chaiman or chief exec if they wanted to.

Therefore if more people joined & voted to do anything such as give the shares back it would happen.

Wednesdayite is neither anti Dave Allen or Pro Dave Daven.

However they are Pro-SWFC.

The point that everyone is missing is that Wednesdayite own over 10% of the shares actually a greater stake than DA.

However circa 60% of the shares ( Please at least recognise that 60% would be a majority holding!) sit outside the current board & wednesdayite combined.

Thats the real problem!

You made some good points and the bottom line is we all want a successful team the only thing that people differ on is how we achieve this. I don`t think we will get an investor whilst Wednesdayite hold 10%. Not because Wednesdayite are the good or bad but the fact that another single party holds such a lot of shares.

You made some good points and the bottom line is we all want a successful team the only thing that people differ on is how we achieve this. I don`t think we will get an investor whilst Wednesdayite hold 10%. Not because Wednesdayite are the good or bad but the fact that another single party holds such a lot of shares.

To be honest I agree with you.

However most people believe what they hear in the media (Which is propaganda driven from you know who) that wednesdayite WONT let the shares go!

It beggars belief that no one is even prepared to talk to them directly about it.

In reality I believe that they the majority of wednesdayite members would vote to relinquish the shares if they were approached in the proper manner with a concrete offer by an individual or persons who they believed would take the club forward & invest accordingly.

on the contary I dont believe they will sell to anyone who tables offers through the media without direct contact or negotiation and sell them for a fraction of their true worth so that party might then sell them on to whoever THEY choose at a significant profit.

One thing that worries me is the actual distribution of shares in Wednesday.

The only clubs that have big fan base shareholdings are the likes of Chesterfield - i.e. small clubs with no chance of proper success.

The successful clubs are mainly owned by business/investor types.

A successful football club is not a hobby - it is a business, and all the biggest and best clubs are run this way.

Whilever we have this distibution of shares, and whilever Wednesdayite have such a big shareholding, I can't see us making any progress ownership or football wise.

One thing that worries me is the actual distribution of shares in Wednesday.

The only clubs that have big fan base shareholdings are the likes of Chesterfield - i.e. small clubs with no chance of proper success.

The successful clubs are mainly owned by business/investor types.

A successful football club is not a hobby - it is a business, and all the biggest and best clubs are run this way.

Whilever we have this distibution of shares, and whilever Wednesdayite have such a big shareholding, I can't see us making any progress ownership or football wise.

Fully agree.

so is the REAL problem that wednesdayite own 10%

or

that the board between them only own 30%

????

theres a full 60% out there that anyone could purchase!!!!

Plus if any controling stakeholder undrwrote a share issue they could increase their % holding!

The likely hood being that the majority of the small stakeholders who hold the the combined 60% wouldnt take up their issue options.

These could then be snapped up by someone else! ie current shareholders!

There are some depressingly naive posts here.

It reminds me that we shouldn't automatically trust the message or the messenger

eg

Blair/Bush/Intelligence Agencies = Dave Allen

(non-existent) WMD = Wednesdayite

Beware of smokescreens, deceptions, whitemen speaking with forked tongues and hidden agendas