Tesco Planning Application -Walkley/Crookesmoor

I've purchased the land and I'm going to turn it into a small garden / lawn area and some wooded benches for members of the public to sit on.

I'm also putting in 6 parking bays for public use. Then I'm arranging for the council to paint some extra long double yellow lines around the junction of Commonside and Springvale Road. This will hopefully alleviate the ridiculous parking of vehicles on or around that junction!

great plan, id hoped for something like that

You usually find with this sort of thing that the people who object to something shout it out very loud and they get heard above the vast majority who want the thing built but say nothing.

Who wants it built? Why would anyone, other than those associated with Tesco, want it built? It's not as if the area isn't full of mini-supermarkets and shops.

You usually find with this sort of thing that the people who object to something shout it out very loud and they get heard above the vast majority who want the thing built but say nothing.

It was never going to get built on that corner site in a million years. The 5 way junction was already dangerous enough , and even now cars regularly queue back onto Commonside. Looks like Tesco are now selling up a lot of property they've not managed to use.

They are also stuck with many undeveloped large out of town plots across the country just when people have started shopping in small local supermarkets again.

Sainsburys twigged this , so they buy up pubs to turn into mini markets, like they did with the the Hadfield (no change of use so no problems with planning)

Who wants it built? Why would anyone, other than those associated with Tesco, want it built? It's not as if the area isn't full of mini-supermarkets and shops.

I would. When it comes to retail outlets,the more the merrier, because it drives down prices.

To revive this old thread, I was walking past today and spotted new planning notices up for a housing development of a dozen flats with underground parking for 12 cars. I think it was dated 2/2/15.

See Here;

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/caseDetails.do?keyVal=NI9O1CNYFY000&caseType=Application

Wonder what happened to Paddy's garden?

To revive this old thread, I was walking past today and spotted new planning notices up for a housing development of a dozen flats with underground parking for 12 cars. I think it was dated 2/2/15.

See Here;

I think with the parking they will get it. If applications don't create parking problems with at least one spot per flat, then I think they have a good chance.

-

Seems Grahame was right. I thought it might be cost when I posted this 7 and a half years ago. Given that an application with underground spaces has taken 7 half years, I guess I was right about cost.

It's probably more valuable land today and that extra cost can be thrown in now.

Sept 2007
What a shame. I wonder how long before another application for flats is put through and accepted. (with no parking spaces)

If it should go to housing, why can't they do what they did on Winn Gardens and other places and have garages underneath?

Too much cost I guess, and it hasn't been necessary in most apartment blocks that have been built lately. (not a reasonable amount of parking spaces anyway)

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 02:29 ----------

Wonder what happened to Paddy's garden?

In a few words, shame it didn't happen :D

Sorry but I didn't really purchase the land. It was a case of wishful thinking.

I saw the weeds being cleared this week. Does anybody have any news on the plot development?