Tesco Planning Application -Walkley/Crookesmoor

deleted..................

Everyone's picked up on it :hihi:

Starting from post 237.

Ooops.. :hihi:

I posted in a rush so I didn't go back any pages.. :)

Oh well.. :)

Does anyone have any idea why there is a caravan on this site this morning??

Its not a work one (i don't think), looks like it is and old abandoned one.

Oh dear, next a couple of untaxed, untested, uninsured Transits overloaded with scrap metal (obtained with the owner's permission of course). :rant:

Oh dear, next a couple of untaxed, untested, uninsured Transits overloaded with scrap metal (obtained with the owner's permission of course). :rant:

If the transits turn up, you can check them for tax validity using the Enquiry button here

If untaxed (and so probably uninsured and with no valid MOT), you can report the vehicle here

Edited by PeteM01
Missing link

Thanks - the first link didn't work - just took me to "Page timed out", looked like it was part of the tax-disc application routine.

There's always the MID database for insurance http://www.askmid.com/

Thanks - the first link didn't work - just took me to "Page timed out", looked like it was part of the tax-disc application routine.

There's always the MID database for insurance http://www.askmid.com/

Thanks - I corrected the link above. For askmid, you need to declare that you either own the vehicle or are an insurance broker etc. Don't suppose it really matters!

someone is actually living in the cravan, saw him sitting on the steps yesterday afternoon, complete with dog. Looks like new age travellers may be invading the site. (probably)

I see the site has recently been cleared of weeds and rubble.

Is it still owned by Tesco and have they submitted a new planning application? If it's not going to be a Tesco then is something else being built there?

Faz in the rajput confirmed that Tesco have sold the land but no one was quite sure who has it now. Probably be residential development.

I've purchased the land and I'm going to turn it into a small garden / lawn area and some wooded benches for members of the public to sit on.

I'm also putting in 6 parking bays for public use. Then I'm arranging for the council to paint some extra long double yellow lines around the junction of Commonside and Springvale Road. This will hopefully alleviate the ridiculous parking of vehicles on or around that junction!

You usually find with this sort of thing that the people who object to something shout it out very loud and they get heard above the vast majority who want the thing built but say nothing.