End of the Lescar as we know it.

I presume this is also the end of the Jazz nights?? What is wrong with these people?? Can anyone who knows if there's an online petition please let the rest of us know?

Looks like they haven't researched the demographic of the area.

S11 8ZF: E33 Town Gown Transition, Students and academics mix with young professionals in terraces relatively close to universities.

Mosaic: These are today's 'Generation X'. Idealist and headstrong, Town Gown Transition consumers are developing their identity, values, and personal tastes. But their construction of identity may be quite playful, as they enjoy this period of relative freedom, and even rebellion, before embarking on the journey to corporate careerdom and responsibility, which no doubt, awaits many of them. It is likely that style will take precedence over quality in their purchasing decisions. Single, but rarely alone, life revolves around their friends for much of the time. They socialize a great deal, clubbing, dancing, going to the cinema, or just hanging out in bars, pubs and cafés. Drinking is a particularly favoured pursuit, possibly carried over from their carefree student days, and may be seen as an end in itself as much as an accompaniment to a sociable evening. Home is merely the place where they can situate themselves, in order to be in the midst of this exciting lifestyle. Life is based in the social milieu, rather than within four walls.

Seems like this new bar will be rammed.

I've just had a quick look at the brands on M and B's website. I'd forgotten they have Toby Carvery and Harvesters as well........surely not???

Seems like this new bar will be rammed.

I suspect that it will. I quite like the Lescar, but let's be honest it is a total dump. SWMBO won't darken the doors if she can possibly help it.

Another generic pub on its way, another unique place closing down...:roll:

Errr... I always thought that the Lescar was the ultimate definition of a 'generic pub'? ;)

People still insist on going to these damn places though.

Vote with your feet, take a stand..... do not go to Weatherspoons, Brewers Fayre, Barracuda, Embers, Litton Tree or any other such characterless establishments. In fact don't go to anywhere that has a menu including:

Nachos to share

Wraps

Build your own burger

featured on the menu...... these are the tell-tale signs.

If no-one goes, then surely they will get the message that it is not what people want.

i hope they are doing a not so shocking makeover.its k there,my husband likes to go there and watch football.

Hmm.

So where does that put our 90 year old Cath who likes to sup of couple of pints of London Pride at the end of the bar?

If you want to complain, you can write or email the address below.

Email:

Mitchell & Butler's (communications@mbplc.com)

Write :

Mitchells & Butlers plc

27 Fleet Street

Birmingham

B3 1JP

Has anyone sent them a link to this thread?

I've put a link to this thread in the Facebook group, I'll try sending it to the brewery too.

Current situation (statement from Facebook) - The pub is being taken over by Castle breweries and the deal has already gone through. The refurb will take place Oct/Nov.

Duncan's job has been advertised within Mitchelle's and Butler's. This took place about 1 month before Duncan was told. Duncan now has to reapply for his job, and beat off any competition.

There is a petition in the pub to help Duncan keep his job, please all sign it.