End of the Lescar as we know it.

Duncan's a legend. All the staff there are fantastic. It wouldn't be the same without them.

From what the reply email says, it sounds like there just giving it a makeover, and a good 1 at that, but i dont understand why Duncan and the rest of the staff have to reapply for there jobs? Surely, as he has been there all this time, they can see he is well liked and doing a good job.

Frankly when I last went in it was dirty and it stunk!

Having said that I agree a clean up and deccoration is whats needed rather than a change of character.

Was once told it was one of the highest turnover pubs of its type in Sheffield not sure if thats true or not.

Some people like a low dive to go drinking in. There aren't many left in the current climate of sanitised, nitro-keg pannini bars. :mad:

I can't believe it.

The brewery which owns The Lescar will be closing it down in a couple of months to 'upgrade' it into some sort of wine bar/eaterie. The staff will have to re-apply for their old jobs

Don't we have enough chuffin' wine bars round here?

What about local pubs for local people? :rant:

Sadly its part of the new British culture.Local pub have no place in today's society.Sadly in an office miles away some jumped up little git will have made such decisions.

I can't believe it.

The brewery which owns The Lescar will be closing it down in a couple of months to 'upgrade' it into some sort of wine bar/eaterie. The staff will have to re-apply for their old jobs

Don't we have enough chuffin' wine bars round here?

What about local pubs for local people? :rant:

Both myself and my husband have been going in the lescar for over 20 years and we can't believe that they are going to turn this proper pub into a wine bar. Surely if you wanted a wine you would go on the very popular Ecclesall Road for this. The Lescar is always busy and it's more a community pub in Sheffield than anywhere else in Sheffield. Are we really going to spoil yet another good British traditional local as we call it.

We both feel that this would be a total waste of money and that the pub would lose it's character, and the characters that free quent it. The pub appeals to all different classes ages from tarmackers to solicitors and people enjoy a good social evening with a good landlord Duncan.

What a sad day when it closes.

Mr & Mrs Enright

The PubCo insists that it won't be a wine bar, but that they are just cleaning it up (which is long overdue IMO).

We'll see soon eh?

I'm genuinely sorry about the majority of these completely unacceptable occurrences BUT

It's exactly this sort of thing that rings the death knell for the local pub! It seems to me that outrage should be for the serving up of disgusting ale which has long turned to vinegar (Psalter Tavern) by staff who don't have a clue (one lass couldn't use a hand pump and required assistance) and not for the capital offence of not supplying straws with an alcoholic beverage

LOL! Oh my God, I can't believe how much you completely misunderstood my post. It was a dry attempt at wit..... and you took it so totally seriously. I was saying I LIKE the place!

Leah

the main objective now is to keep duncan/raj employed if they stay, the clientelle stay then its all good.. only think to sort out then is apparently no football being shown? These fat cats at the brewery really are a bit mental.

Both myself and my husband have been going in the lescar for over 20 years and we can't believe that they are going to turn this proper pub into a wine bar. Surely if you wanted a wine you would go on the very popular Ecclesall Road for this. The Lescar is always busy and it's more a community pub in Sheffield than anywhere else in Sheffield. Are we really going to spoil yet another good British traditional local as we call it.

We both feel that this would be a total waste of money and that the pub would lose it's character, and the characters that free quent it. The pub appeals to all different classes ages from tarmackers to solicitors and people enjoy a good social evening with a good landlord Duncan.

What a sad day when it closes.

Mr & Mrs Enright

think you may have known a good friend of mine who often went there who I was told commandeered the TV remote control to watch cricket, footie, neighbours or was it eastenders etc.