Why I am starting to hate Sheffield and the UK

Sorry pal, that is nonsense. I don't care which coastal city you live in, but if it is indeed a five million population city it has to be a place like Barcelona, Athens, Rome or Naples.

I have been to the last three and in all three there are issues with severe criminality, street violence and so on. I have a friend who has lived in Barcelona for 5 years now and some of the stories are down right scary, on a whole different scale than a bust-up outside a kebab shop on a Friday night.

I used to work as a bouncer in what is generally a great city with great people but I can tell you stories of mindless violence all day long.

If you don't like Sheffield, than fine, but don't not like it and bury your head in the sand by thinking it is a violent place with a bad society, it really isn't.

Of course, all major cities have problems with crime, and mine is no exception, but getting as drunk as possible and fighting in the street every weekend does not exist here. Sheffield is only a small city and yet you can pretty much guarantee that there will be some drink related trouble most busy nights. Other European cities have far more bars than Sheffield, and they're open far, far later on average and yet you will not see fighting outside on the street.

Why do you think Europeans from holiday destinations hate the English so much? Because they travel to places like Malaga and act like animals. No other country is as famous for this.

Sheffield is a great city, and England a great country, but to suggest the amount of drink related violence on a weekend is the same as any other country is just not true in my opinion.

Of course, all major cities have problems with crime, and mine is no exception, but getting as drunk as possible and fighting in the street every weekend does not exist here. Sheffield is only a small city and yet you can pretty much guarantee that there will be some drink related trouble most busy nights. Other European cities have far more bars than Sheffield, and they're open far, far later on average and yet you will not see fighting outside on the street.

Why do you think Europeans from holiday destinations hate the English so much? Because they travel to places like Malaga and act like animals. No other country is as famous for this.

Sheffield is a great city, and England a great country, but to suggest the amount of drink related violence on a weekend is the same as any other country is just not true in my opinion.

I didn't suggest that the amount of drink related violence is the same, I suggested that every place has its gremlins when it comes to certain crime. Bigger cities tend to have huge no go areas that are full of druggies for example, live there and you can be guaranteed to get mugged every month.

In Amsterdam there is currently a drug war going on, people from different gangs fighting it out for control, out in day light, with AK47s. This sort of nonsense happens, it isn't a reason to declare hate for Sheffield.

And that isn't quite true either. It's always easy to sit in a country and see all the bad stuff and then somewhere abroad perhaps on holiday and see how much better it is, but that's because you aren't really in that country. Your case is slightly different but without knowing where you live it's pretty hard to judge.

Most people in England would assume that Europe views our football fans as the worst right? Well not entirely... http://www.businessinsider.com/europes-worst-soccer-hooligans-2011-9?op=1&IR=T

And it's this strange slant we seem to have where we assume that we are somehow the worst at everything (except at football where we delude ourselves every few years!). It's a bizarre culture that seems unique to Britain that we almost want to think that this country is awful. It's not, it's an amazing place. We are one of the fairest, richest and most equal societies on earth. Yes, we have some issues, I'd agree about the litter, I go to Poland regularly and stay in a 'average' area to say the least as I have in laws out there and yet you see very little rubbish. Dog poo however is bloody everywhere so it's swings and roundabouts...

And that isn't quite true either. It's always easy to sit in a country and see all the bad stuff and then somewhere abroad perhaps on holiday and see how much better it is, but that's because you aren't really in that country. Your case is slightly different but without knowing where you live it's pretty hard to judge.

Most people in England would assume that Europe views our football fans as the worst right? Well not entirely... http://www.businessinsider.com/europes-worst-soccer-hooligans-2011-9?op=1&IR=T

And it's this strange slant we seem to have where we assume that we are somehow the worst at everything (except at football where we delude ourselves every few years!). It's a bizarre culture that seems unique to Britain that we almost want to think that this country is awful. It's not, it's an amazing place. We are one of the fairest, richest and most equal societies on earth. Yes, we have some issues, I'd agree about the litter, I go to Poland regularly and stay in a 'average' area to say the least as I have in laws out there and yet you see very little rubbish. Dog poo however is bloody everywhere so it's swings and roundabouts...

I think you'd be hard pressed to come up with many international destinations which have been blighted by a single country's drunken youths. I do truly feel sorry for the residents of places like Aiga Napa and the likes.

On the other hand I wouldn't agree about litter at all. While not exactly a shining example, I was struck by how little litter and vandalism there was on the streets of Sheffield. England is a very, very clean country when you compare it to the likes of Rome, Athens, Paris, Milan which in the center are total dumps.

I would like to see anyone especially when i am a pensioner come into my home to attack me.They would be face to face with 1 of any five of my razor sharp Samurai swords :D

I would like to see anyone especially when i am a pensioner come into my home to attack me.They would be face to face with 1 of any five of my razor sharp Samurai swords :D

Fat lot of good they'll do when you're so old and decrepit it takes you five minutes to get out of your chair. You'll probably find them used against you.

I'd get rid frankly.

Fat lot of good they'll do when you're so old and decrepit it takes you five minutes to get out of your chair. You'll probably find them used against you.

I'd get rid frankly.

Good point :hihi::hihi: i will trade them in for a Claymore mine in the hallway!

i would prefer a panzerfaust and two mills bombs to be honest but make sure you have enough emulsion to cover the mess they make.

Not a rich enough country to build more prisons unfortunately- we can of course dig in to the countries wealth reserves and chuck it at wars on the other side of the world...oh yes, billions can be found for that; but the infrastructure here at all levels...oh no, that can go to ruin...that's great leadership by our wonderful 'temporary' political parties isn't it...