Why I am starting to hate Sheffield and the UK

met howard and mooney in jail gave mooney a smack. Said theye were in jail for burglary not beating old guy up cowards.

Well done mate, i hope it was a good un.

38? definitely old enough to

a) know better,

and b) be sufficiently in control of herself, and mature enough to act in a non-antisocial manner.

and

c) know how to drink in moderation

what utter morons we seem to be breeding!

unfortunately, the incident happened in Sheffield, in the Pitsmoor area. If the council do manage to have their wits about them, this woman should be relieved of any tenancy she currently has, and, because of her violent behaviour, forbidden from holding any further tenancies from the council (Any council, nationwide!), or other social landlords (housing assoc's).

I'd also make it a ruling, that, if a tenant is evicted for ASB, they ought to lose all right to housing benefits, as well.

gosh, I'm turning into a G-O-W (grumpy old woman!)

Woah woah woah, it is such thinking that leads to the extermination of the disabled.

Nobody should be barred from access to housing and benefits.

Prisoners are housed and fed in a civilised society, reformed criminals and the unemployed, and the unabled, should also be fed and housed.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 22:52 ----------

Playing devil's advocate a bit here, but some of this should be considered...

The victim is called an OAP. 67 is the age of a working age adult in a few decades. 67 year olds today are healthier than 67 year olds in the future are predicted to be.

The victim should be considered a working age man. No age related sympathy should be played upon.

We do not know of the previous dealings the neighbors have had, the old man was banging on their wall, the music might not have been loud, people are entitled to listen to music in their own home. We live in a 24/7 society, some work days, some work nights, people might live nocturnal lives, and they should be entitled to make noise at night.

Noise problems are part and parcel of modern life.

The violence though is clearly out of order. The people who were violent should have complained to the council - in all fairness, they can't be defended. They deserve to be jailed, but they might have had a legitimate grievance, before they acted like a bunch of complete idiots.

Why are 3 people living in a flat that sounds like it might be for just one person?

^That is the root of the problem.

You put too many rats together in a small space without enough space to breed, they breed to a point and then eat the elderly and young to free up space to allow them to continue breeding. Same with people really.

Overcrowding and poor housing conditions leads to crime, and with Sheffield's severe lack of housing and increasing inequality, expect a lot more crime than there was in the past to be committed by people of peak criminal age* in the future.

*- We might see falling crime, due to the fall of people in the peak crime age range having a larger effect upon crime rates, whilst inequality rises and social cohesion is reduced increasing the amount of crime committed by people of peak crime age.

Woah woah woah, it is such thinking that leads to the extermination of the disabled.

Prisoners are housed and fed in a civilised society, reformed criminals and the unemployed, and the unabled, should also be fed and housed.

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 22:52 ----------

Playing devil's advocate a bit here, but some of this should be considered...

The victim is called an OAP. 67 is the age of a working age adult in a few decades. 67 year olds today are healthier than 67 year olds in the future are predicted to be.

The victim should be considered a working age man. No age related sympathy should be played upon.

We do not know of the previous dealings the neighbors have had, the old man was banging on their wall, the music might not have been loud, people are entitled to listen to music in their own home. We live in a 24/7 society, some work days, some work nights, people might live nocturnal lives, and they should be entitled to make noise at night.

Noise problems are part and parcel of modern life.

The violence though is clearly out of order. The people who were violent should have complained to the council - in all fairness, they can't be defended. They deserve to be jailed, but they might have had a legitimate grievance, before they acted like a bunch of complete idiots.

Why are 3 people living in a flat that sounds like it might be for just one person?

^That is the root of the problem.

You put too many rats together in a small space without enough space to breed, they breed to a point and then eat the elderly and young to free up space to allow them to continue breeding. Same with people really.

Overcrowding and poor housing conditions leads to crime, and with Sheffield's severe lack of housing and increasing inequality, expect a lot more crime than there was in the past to be committed by people of peak criminal age* in the future.

*- We might see falling crime, due to the fall of people in the peak crime age range having a larger effect upon crime rates, whilst inequality rises and social cohesion is reduced increasing the amount of crime committed by people of peak crime age.

Did you read this bit correctly where's the over crowding here?

Sheffield Crown Court heard the incident unfolded at around 4.15am on June 2 when Mooney and Howard returned to Mahon's flat in Earldom Drive, Pitsmoor, after a night out drinking.

Really?

On several occassions before you've said you wanted to turn landlords out into the street.

Can't have it both ways me old china.

met howard and mooney in jail gave mooney a smack. Said theye were in jail for burglary not beating old guy up cowards.

Well done for bumping a seven year old thread.

Really?

On several occassions before you've said you wanted to turn landlords out into the street.

Can't have it both ways me old china.

Come off it.

I'm for everyone being housed. Even people who have been or are landlords, I just think the system needs to be changed so that they cannot exploit the property-less.

If somebody is to be evicted for being a failed landlord, I've never suggested they should then be denied social housing.

Coming back to Sheffield this Christmas has filled me with both a longing for the city and a gladness that I no longer live here. The UK on the whole seems to be filled with people who possess a warmth and sense of humour that you simply cannot find anywhere else. It also seems to be filled with mindless thugs who are also, more thankfully rare outside of the country. I went out for a few drinks on the 23rd to see a few people. I had a great time until I left the pub and was met with two large groups of people beating the hell out of each other outside a kebab shop. I know people will say that this happens all over the world but believe me it doesn't. I can happily go out in my home city at any time of the night and see no trouble in a population 10 times that of Sheffield but 2 nights back here and all I have to do is look out of my window to see people fighting in the street. I don't know the answer, but to say there's not a problem with society, and that problems of violent crime should be ignored is burying your head in the sand.

Sorry pal, that is nonsense. I don't care which coastal city you live in, but if it is indeed a five million population city it has to be a place like Barcelona, Athens, Rome or Naples.

I have been to the last three and in all three there are issues with severe criminality, street violence and so on. I have a friend who has lived in Barcelona for 5 years now and some of the stories are down right scary, on a whole different scale than a bust-up outside a kebab shop on a Friday night.

I used to work as a bouncer in what is generally a great city with great people but I can tell you stories of mindless violence all day long.

If you don't like Sheffield, than fine, but don't not like it and bury your head in the sand by thinking it is a violent place with a bad society, it really isn't.

Hating that place and loving or liking some other place?

Why get full of hate inside over something that is not even really you anyway?

It only means you are not in charge of your own inner centre and start believing the illusion that outer cities are your centre.

we keep pouring more and more funding into these underprivellaged areas ,perhaps we should put it towards making our pensioners safer, or anyone else for that matter

Unfortunately they work on the false assumption that being underprivileged is the reason these scumbags do this. They dont. There are many people trying to scrape a living at the moment who never commit crime. Its about time we had some real punishment rather than bribes.

Well done and i hope it was a good one.

After spending the last 18 years living away from Sheffield in UK and various European and American countries I can say that there is a difference all through the places I have lived. The biggest thing I notice when coming back to UK is the amount of litter around, much more than where I live now (Germany). There is lots that could be adopted by UK and by other countries from each other but then we would just live in a sterile world where all countries are the same which would just be very dull.

Apart from the litter if we could just increase the sense of pride without becoming racist within Sheffied/Yorkshire/England/UK and in general people try to sort their own small areas out.

I however have not bought a house in Sheffield but still visit family when ever I come back and pick up a litre or two of Hendersons.