Is there a mouse epidemic?!

If you don't get rid of them within one year and a day, legally the house is owned by the mice.

Heh heh heh!

Damned furry squatters!

Well we've got some humane traps that we've been using for a week now and they've done nothing whatsoever. I think the mice are getting cockier now - I was woken up at 4am today by one standing next to my bed and screaming "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAK" at me from about a foot away from my head. :suspect: Hmmph.

Unfortunately, it seems our landlord's considering the poison route as we don't know what else to do....

It's a shame.

They're v.cute, but bloody nuisances.

Could it be something to do with the recent flood? Most rodents live below ground. I bet a fair few rats drowned trying to scurrying out of the sewers/drains. There's still cholera bacteria down in them Victorian drains. Hope it stays there.

Hmmm, good point.

Probably has flushed em out, so to speak.

my son lives in malin bridge and he has had stuart little running around his kitchen so looks like the flooding has moved em on to new homes.

:mad: My mom has them she bought some stuff that you just place down and they stick to them:suspect: I think its very cruel they are still trying to get off it when mom finds them ugh.

Heh heh heh!

Damned furry squatters!

Well we've got some humane traps that we've been using for a week now and they've done nothing whatsoever. I think the mice are getting cockier now - I was woken up at 4am today by one standing next to my bed and screaming "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAK" at me from about a foot away from my head. :suspect: Hmmph.

Unfortunately, it seems our landlord's considering the poison route as we don't know what else to do....

It's a shame.

They're v.cute, but bloody nuisances.

That's a shame, the smell of rotting mice is not one I'd recommend. Poison just kills them short term - they'll be back. Can you try and point out that sealing their exit into your home would be easier and less smelly? What are they eating? Even crumbs can sustain mice.

I know what you mean about them being cheeky though - perhaps they're plotting to turf you out your bed? :suspect:

:mad: My mom has them she bought some stuff that you just place down and they stick to them:suspect: I think its very cruel they are still trying to get off it when mom finds them ugh.

Oh yeah, those glue sheets.

They basically hold the mice in one place til they starve or die of stress. I'm definitely not liking the sounds of them. :(

That's a shame, the smell of rotting mice is not one I'd recommend. Poison just kills them short term - they'll be back. Can you try and point out that sealing their exit into your home would be easier and less smelly? What are they eating? Even crumbs can sustain mice.

I know what you mean about them being cheeky though - perhaps they're plotting to turf you out your bed? :suspect:

Yeah, I think they're coming in through the cellar - we've found a massive amount of sawdust and nibble marks on the inside of the door at the cellarhead. We're filled in cracks in the floorboards with foam stuff, and checked in the gap under the kitchen untis and sealed them up. I just don't know if we'd ever be able to find ALL the places they can come in from - I never knew before, but apparently if you can fit a pencil in a gap, a mouse will be able to get through it! I'm having thoughts of them pouring in through my bedroom door keyhole!!! :o

I think brushes under the doors would be another good thing to have, to cut out any gaps under them. But once mice are in, they're in. We can maybe stop MORE getting in, but....

*sigh*

I really don't want to kill them, but I can't be sharing with a million mouse babies.

The landlord's getting a private firm in on wednesday to put the poison down. Will they come back and collect their victims, or will that lovely task be left up to us? :gag:

The toerags even chomped away at some vegetables and my floor mop which someone said they were using for nesting. My immediate remedy was to get rid of the rest of the mop, put all my veg in to the fridge, thoroughly clean all the floors and above all I keep the kitchen & bathroom doors firmly shut almost all of the time. Dont think I've seen them since then. :D

I really don't want to kill them, but I can't be sharing with a million mouse babies.

The landlord's getting a private firm in on wednesday to put the poison down. Will they come back and collect their victims, or will that lovely task be left up to us? :gag:

I don't know in all honesty. I somehow doubt that every mouse will die in a convenient place to be "collected" even if they do offer the service. Sorry :(

From what you've said it sounds like you've got a mouse family already established, so you might struggle to get rid of them any other way. A mouse can fit through a gap as small as half a cm if it's young, they are dainty little creatures. That said - if they are coming in the cellar, can you block any vents with fine mesh (crossed over if required?).

If they are already in and established then I think you have you have 3 choices, 1 humane traps, 2 kill traps (that don't always kill), 3 poison. I still would want to find out what they're eating, that has to be stopped - have you checked the cupboards thoroughly? Are the grill & toaster cleaned every night? Somehow they are getting sustinence or they wouldn't be hanging around.

The toerags even chomped away at some vegetables and my floor mop which someone said they were using for nesting. My immediate remedy was to get rid of the rest of the mop, put all my veg in to the fridge, thoroughly clean all the floors and above all I keep the kitchen & bathroom doors firmly shut almost all of the time. Dont think I've seen them since then. :D

Yup - precisely what we did with the same results (as well as hole blocking). No more mousey. Oh yes - and bleach anything that stays still long enough :D

I found a dead mouse in my front room the other day. I think it must have ate the wife's cottage pie - which had been condemned by the council:lol: