Sunday training runs

good run today two or three laps of Dam Flask,loads of runners around.As next week is Great Yorkshire Run no run,next run two weeks,watch this space.If you want to run in betwen tuesdays and thursdays at Don Valley 6pm meet at the end of the indoor straight.

9 - 10 miles a bit far for me right now...so I gave it a miss.

I'm doing well if I manage 2 laps of Damflask right now!

enjoyed the great Yorkshire Run why not join us for a Sunday Run.This Sunday Don valley at 10.30am easy run 9 to 10 minute miles opportunities to turn around at various points.

Hi,

I have in the last few months started running again and now can do a lap of dam flask (on the track inside, not road) in about 35mins so I'm guessing that's about 10 min mile but have not run much further than that.

Have sent entry for Percy Pud although probably won't get in, however need to train up for distance.

Also thinking of entering London marathon next April. Am I being very over ambitious here. Never done full marathon before, only halfs and they were decades ago, so most is 10km a few years ago!!!

Your runs round dam sound good so I can dip out after two laps at first. Is it similar at Don Valley if I try that? I reckon training with someone else will get me going better.

Percy Pud is 10km race first weekend in December up Loxley and along Dam Flask then back again.

Always over subscribed and I didn't get in last time I tried so fingers crossed this time. I think the closing date is end September for entries.

Forms on Sheffield City Striders website - they are organisers.

All our Sunday runs wil offer the opportunity to turn back at regular imntervals.The best way to improve is to run with others

I wouldnt mind going to be honest, but a bit early for me, anyone run later... about 12 ish

not sure why but i find running easier in the early evenings than in the early mornings

Do you have any plans to go out this Sunday morning? I'm new to this, but would like to join you this week.

Well if anyone is i could do very first thing sunday morning, about 11.30.