Smoking ban in football grounds

How are they enforcing the smoking ban at Brammell Lane and Hillsborough.

They had banned it at Hillsborough, but I have it on good authority that Dave Allen has lifted it for their home games, as he thinks that the Owls fans will need a cig' if they are going to cope with games like yesterday.

Stewards usually keep an eye out for people smoking and i'm sure supporters will help enforce it. That's how it works at Murrayfield.

I was at Bramall Lane on sat for 1st game and there was loads of people smoking at half time at the back of the Kop ,,, it seems to me that there was so many the stewards turned a blind eye. Im a smoker myself so in my opinion it didnt seem to bother anybody

I was at trent bridge a couple of weeks ago for the cricket and they did have smoking areas in various parts of the ground, I'm a smoker but and I thought it worked quite well. I am sick of these none smokers taking up valuable seating in the smoking areas

stewards in the bogs at aif'time?:hihi:

I have a cig after a few beers, and don't think it's a bad thing to ban it on the inside of the ground to keep it well and truly away from non-smokers, but banning it, even down the steps on the back of the Kop? Unless you're leaving, you wouldn't be going that way for owt else!

i was on the outside bit of the concourse on the southstand at half time on saturday with my mates who smoke and the steward there was saying that they are going to bring the police down next match and if people don't stop smoking they are going to start taking names and banning people from the ground.

as far as there concerned you cannot smoke ANYWHERE in the lane- inside or not.

i was on the outside bit of the concourse on the southstand at half time on saturday with my mates who smoke and the steward there was saying that they are going to bring the police down next match and if people don't stop smoking they are going to start taking names and banning people from the ground.

as far as there concerned you cannot smoke ANYWHERE in the lane- inside or not.

The rules are that if you want to smoke you must leave the ground.... so that will be say 8000 people going for a fag at half time.... standing on Penistone rd or John st... think there gonna let people do that??

The smoking bans are getting stupid..... on saying that most smokers are a very selfish breed.

The rules are that if you want to smoke you must leave the ground.... so that will be say 8000 people going for a fag at half time.... standing on Penistone rd or John st... think there gonna let people do that??

Do the rules say they're allowed in again afterwards, though?

To be frank, if you can't manage without a ciggy for a mere two hours, you have lot worse worries than the dire quality of the football :D