Best hip hop albums (non-Gangsta!)

Hate to repeat what everyone else has said but DMC, De La Soul and Grandmaster Flash for me too.

PM Dawn, Of the heart, Of the soul and of the cross:- The Utopian Experience is crap, I know this because the person I was shagging at the time loved the album and it was " our" album.

There was an Utopian Experience but as it is a family oriented forum I cannot say much more

I also love both Pharoae Monch albums. He does talk about guns in one or two tracks, but he could never be referred to as gangsta rap. In fact, his new album has a really good anti-gun song.

Ugly Duckling not had a mention yet :)

I know there is a place for all this fluffy stuff but you know what would you rather have this

or

Jesus, where do I start!? I got into old school Hip-Hop about 10 Years ago now, when I was at the tender age of 8!

My personal favourits are:

AIM - Cold Water music. Amazing album, well put together, chilling, bouncy, funky, well wrote and produced

Jurassic 5 - All albums are great especially their most recent one "Feedback"

De La Soul - These are a proper Hip-Hop group we all love

Biggie - He's an unsung hero IMO

Public Enemy - Because their Public Enemy!

N.W.A - I know there a lot of N-bombs in there and a lot of "Bitches" and "Ho's" but still, they are/were a great group

I like all hip-hop, but there my most listened to artists of all time

To upset the purists out there, I also love T.L.C.'s Crazysexycool as well.

although i :love: this version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqwkdDZdruQ

And when i was a wee nipper this little number

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozrWdZaXkzk

my mate had a whole C90 tape of this!

I think you're barking up the wrong thread here love - we're talking about decent hip hop. Not, as could be argued, the most morally reprehensible pop tat in history

I also love both Pharoae Monch albums. He does talk about guns in one or two tracks, but he could never be referred to as gangsta rap. In fact, his new album has a really good anti-gun song.

im a new convert and you have to love him!

i would have to add something from the pharcyde, klashs' focus mode and wake the neigbours by sheffields own ccr isnt bad :D

and im going to go against popular opinion and say i prefer aoi: mosaic thump over 3 feet high!

im a new convert and you have to love him!

i would have to add something from the pharcyde, klashs' focus mode and wake the neigbours by sheffields own ccr isnt bad :D

I liked him for a while now. I got the Internal Affairs cd, and just after the people who did the music for Godzlla heard Simon Says, ad made him take the sample off. He had to re-release the album without the song.

And after Rawkus went bust (which is a proper shame) it was deleted completely.

I saw a copy on Ebay for £40 recently. Do you have that or do you just have the new one? The new one is absolutely fantastic.

its the new one i have, theres some sick beats on it and its got a pretty funky vibe!

been sticking it on every night when i get in from work..

my mate might have the first one, but if you do have a copy *cough* hi *cough*