What's that thing called where people jump around buildings and stuff?

The free running vids I've seen have a couple of disturbing features:

1) Most of them look like scallies

2) Many of them trespass on private property

Makes me wonder if they learn their skills from running from the police or if that's what they're training for?

Either way, I see someone climbing around on my property, I don't care what they call it, there will be a crossbow waiting for them :loopy:

I do it a little bit. It's great fun, like urban rock climbing and really gets the adrenaline pumping.

Mind you I'm 34 so it could be part of my mid life crisis (along with the MGF)

There is a furum user that does it (parkour). His nic is SHANE-D-PAIN makes me wonder where they get the energy from. They bounce around like they are weightless, its flight without wings

http://www.youtube.com/user/SheffieldParkour

Aye, Shane-D-Pain is a parkour addict and very good too.

Aye, Shane-D-Pain is a parkour addict and very good too.

Shane lost his younger brother following an accident 6 or so weeks ago doing Parkour. Shane reported it on SF.

I could post a link, but I think to do so would be unseemly considering the recent circumstances and his family's sad loss.

Shane......you and your family are still in our thoughts.

it looks terrifying, but like many other pursuits, it has the lure of excitement that the young ( and young at heart) find hard to resist. being not brave enough or lithe of build to even consider it, I marvel at the antics of these slightly mad folk :)

Shane lost his younger brother following an accident 6 or so weeks ago doing Parkour. Shane reported it on SF.

I could post a link, but I think to do so would be unseemly considering the recent circumstances and his family's sad loss.

Shane......you and your family are still in our thoughts.

Thanks shoeshine. :) I appreciate it.

We train all the time, if anyone is interested. Just keep your eyes peeled around town.

ello again shane, dont forget that offer of Sunday dinner if you're at a loose end but dont jump on my shed roof because it may not hold:D

dont think i would have the strength to even think about doing parkour, just watching makes me out of breath but it is good to see others doing it. Great way of keeping fit

Parkour is hazardous, and as Shane says requires lots of physical training. He didn't mention they need an acute sense of spacial awareness, bravery and self confidence.

I've seen some of the videos on the linked sites he provides in his signature. If you look too you will, like me, be totally gobsmacked at their athleticism.

I bet these young men would find Special Forces Commando Training a doddle.