Manor hotel

I lived on Hastilar Road just behind the Manor Hotel and the rec in the mid 80s, I'm sure I remember Troggy ending up in hospital after being hit on the head by a roof slate while he was 'salvaging'.

I always think it's funny that where I used to live has all been flattened and left as fields, if I ever have grandkids I'll take em there and say 'When I were a lad, this was all houses'. :P

Originally posted by segasonic

I lived on Hastilar Road just behind the Manor Hotel and the rec in the mid 80s, I'm sure I remember Troggy ending up in hospital after being hit on the head by a roof slate while he was 'salvaging'.

I always think it's funny that where I used to live has all been flattened and left as fields, if I ever have grandkids I'll take em there and say 'When I were a lad, this was all houses'. :P

I lived a bit further up from you on Wulfric Place. I'm suprised i don't recognise you. Just shows how little i moved from my own patch when i was younger!

About the Manor Hotel. Must have changed over the years. I had my marriage reception there as many couples did. Straight from St. Swithuns Church to there. I know the church has gone now.

Who was that who did the courting there, well so did I. Round the back. Gee I could real a few names off here but I wont. Used to know a lot of ppeople in that part of the Manor My brother in law lived on Wulfric Rd.

Regards Vera.

hi vhopkinson i am the one who used to do my courting at the back of the manor hotel where the offsales used to be in the late 60's i used to live at 125 fitzhubert road my name is andy martin don't know if you remember me or not maybe before your time eh?

hi tosh13 i have just read that you used to live at number 43 fitzhubert road i used to live at number 125 my dad used to play the drums at the arundel exservicemans club

Changing back to the original thread.

Troggy still doing what he does best.

Wraggy has now retired after over 30 years service as man & boy in South Yorkshires finest and is a legend.

Thirty years in uniform pounding the streets locking up generation after generation of Manor villains.

Don't tell Troggy hes retired, he'll be upset he didn't get invited to the leaving do..

Originally posted by gillmarx

hi tosh13 i have just read that you used to live at number 43 fitzhubert road i used to live at number 125 my dad used to play the drums at the arundel exservicemans club

My wifes Dad & Uncle used to be on the commitee at the Arundel Charlie was the Concert Secretery & Joe was the President .My Dad used to go to all the clubs on City Road & my Uncle was on the Commitee at the Park & Arbourthorne Ray .

Originally posted by gillmarx

hi vhopkinson i am the one who used to do my courting at the back of the manor hotel where the offsales used to be in the late 60's i used to live at 125 fitzhubert road my name is andy martin don't know if you remember me or not maybe before your time eh?

Hi Gillmarx, thanks for that reply. Don't know your name but I was around a long time before that. Nothing changed eh!! Do you know any of the Allisons around there. Courting in pub doorways, now it's all in the open and in cars . Geez we used to be frozen stiff too had to smoke to keep warm then walk all the way home .

Regards VERA.

It used to be my local as I lived on windy house lane, the last time I was in there I got barred for a fight that I was in the night before all because this bloke offered me out and when I said outside he set upon me that was around the time when they used to have rock n roll nights erm 1977 I think.

Originally posted by vhopkinson

About the Manor Hotel. Must have changed over the years. I had my marriage reception there as many couples did. Straight from St. Swithuns Church to there. I know the church has gone now.

Who was that who did the courting there, well so did I. Round the back. Gee I could real a few names off here but I wont. Used to know a lot of ppeople in that part of the Manor My brother in law lived on Wulfric Rd.

Regards Vera.

I know of the name Hopkinson off the Manor. I believe there are three lads and one lass. They are all older than me but when i grew up on the Manor age didn't matter, we all hung on to the 'old uns' with no trouble.

I remember the middle lad had a huge Jackdaw as a pet. He used to call it Jack :suspect: and it would just appear from nowhere and land on your shoulder or head.

Their home used to be on Queen Mary Rd with the back garden backing on to the Manor fields.

Do i have the right Hopkinson's ?????

Originally posted by vidster

I know of the name Hopkinson off the Manor. I believe there are three lads and one lass. They are all older than me but when i grew up on the Manor age didn't matter, we all hung on to

Hi Vidster. just noticed your message. You may have the rite Hokinsons thats my husbands name, they have a big family. They lived on Prince of Wales rd at Crabtree Farm. Yes their house backed on to the Manor fields which lead down to the woods. Don't know about any Jackdaw but will make enquires.

Names are Peter Gordon and a few others. Lets know if you think it's the same one. My name was Pope in case anyone else knows of me.

Regards Vera

Originally posted by vhopkinson

Hi Vidster. just noticed your message. You may have the rite Hokinsons thats my husbands name, they have a big family. They lived on Prince of Wales rd at Crabtree Farm. Yes their house backed on to the Manor fields which lead down to the woods.

I think we may have crossed wires somewhat. Prince of Wales Rd isn't actually that close to the Manor fields. The names you mentioned do not ring any bells we may be talking about different generations (no offence intended).

I'm not sure about the name of the oldest lad. The ones i can remember are Darren, Neill and the lass is called Keeley.

The Jackdaw used to belong to Darren and it followed him everywhere.