Dress code for Eckington school ?

Sorry have just noticed that you said daughter :loopy:footwear plain black not trainers No heels above 2inch no sandals, shoes/boots no more than 1 inch above ankle bone

What difference can it make to your learning ability if your shoes/boots are actually 2" above your ankle bone? These kind of rigid idiotic rules are just a complete load of b******s made up by small minded simpletons who apparently have nothing better to do with their working time. Time, I might add, which is very generously paid by us, the council tax payers, from our already greatly overtaxed pockets.

I reckon it would be a great idea to impose the same restictions on the staff as well as the students, then we would really see the teaching unions going into overdrive. I can hear them now, screaming about their members 'human rights' being breached. Poxy teachers, their only interest seems to be in making you 'another brick in the wall'. Tosspots, one and all!

no i'm a peed off parent of an ex student.

i had more visits to see the head of year than any other father i think.

"xxxxxx hair isn't naturally red is it Mr xxxxxx"

"No, it's not, but your not naturally blonde are you Miss Head of Year"

........................................................................................

"xxxxx's got her ears pierced twice, this isn't school policy"

"you drama teachers got her nose pierced"

"teachers are excluded from the dress code"

......................................................................................

this went on for 7 years.

I'm proud of you mate, stand up to the b******s. If all parents took a stand and told them to **** *** then they would have to get sensible. If I ever had a small fortune to spare I would love to back someone in taking this kind of s**t to court, human rights or otherwise, and blow these filthy 'little hitlers' and their petty, god forsaken rules, right out of the water.

Check with someone else who actually has a kid that is there at the moment.

My lad went there and we bought the uniform as per list, but found that there were certain items that "NOBODY WORE" so they stayed in the cupboard untouched. I cant help you because he has been left 7 years, but it was that type of culture. "Oh mum NOBODY wears that ...." When the polo shirts and crested sweatshirts were first introduced they were shunned by the older pupils, but I understand this has changed.

We used to find shoes the most difficult.

I reckon it would be a great idea to impose the same restictions on the staff as well as the students, then we would really see the teaching unions going into overdrive. I can hear them now, screaming about their members 'human rights' being breached. Poxy teachers, their only interest seems to be in making you 'another brick in the wall'. Tosspots, one and all!

I can tell you as a teacher that some schools do have dress codes for staff. I have known of instances where staff have been asked not to wear certain clothes, hairstyles or jewelery in much the same way as the students are told.

I don't really agree with a very restrictive dress code but every school has to draw the line somewhere. There are certain clothes that are not suitable for school. I am a science teacher and I am concerned sometimes with students clothes and footwear as its just not safe in the labs.

I think you must remember that normally a school imposed a rule for a reason, not just because they feel like it.

I don't really agree with a very restrictive dress code but every school has to draw the line somewhere. There are certain clothes that are not suitable for school. I am a science teacher and I am concerned sometimes with students clothes and footwear as its just not safe in the labs.

I think you must remember that normally a school imposed a rule for a reason, not just because they feel like it.

i agree with a certain dress code and standards, however i think that it should apply across the board to staff as well.

i'm not saying they should have to be restricted in colours,styles etc, but if nasal piercings and multiple ear piercings are for the childs protection than that should apply to everyone.