What cars do people own then? And why is it "classic" to you

Rotary W*nkel! :D

(I bet everyone says that don't they?)

Not often you can get your engine censored ;)

Nice example probedb. :) Have you had a headlight mod there?

Cheers. Yup, headlights are specifically for that bumper. Still haven't wired up the driving lights in there as it keeps blowing a fuse and I'm not really an auto electrician :)

Cheers. Yup, headlights are specifically for that bumper. Still haven't wired up the driving lights in there as it keeps blowing a fuse and I'm not really an auto electrician :)

Makes it look a whole heap more modern, and at the same time you've pulled off a very neat looking, not-remotely-chav mod, nice. :)

RX7s are not quite my 'bag' when it comes to powerful Jap cars; I like Rexs and admire certain details don't get me wrong, but they're a different twist on achieving a similar goal when compared to the Supra, and the Supra always had my heart. I don't normally give Rexs a second thought bar my usual mental approving nod at what they stand for and have achieved - but yours is very nice. :thumbsup:

Yep they're different ways to a similar goal :) I think I'm the same as you but the cars swapped round.

Yours is a nice looking car btw!

I have a 1999 John Cooper Works S Mini...... just one of twentyfive ever made!!!

Why do I think its a classic... well arent all old shape Mini classic`s? Perhaps not in age but in design.

Even the last Mini`s to roll off the production line used old technologies from when the very firsts Mini were made..... downsides meant that they can suffer from rust quite badly if not looked after.......

Anyway anybody seen me driving about?

Riz :)

old technologies like what?

to me, a proper mini, is an old mini, the shape may be the same, but its modern int it. but atleast its not a Bini.

and then, its just not a fiesta is it

old technologies like what?

to me, a proper mini, is an old mini, the shape may be the same, but its modern int it. but atleast its not a Bini.

and then, its just not a fiesta is it

Well the bodywork is still made from steel..... the design remains the same with non adjustable steering wheels and seats!!! there are so many things that Rover could have quite easily improved but maybe that would have diluted the orignal design by Mr Mini himself......

Ok mine is a multi-injection model but to me its a classic... everybody who see it things its a classic.... and yup it aint a BINI... now in my eyes that can never be a true classic... ever!!!

Riz :)

can you explain why a fiesta is a classic...i couldn't! and according to previous posts

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=149637

no one else can either... and I as i said we did have this discussion before and I can't really understand where you are coming from.....or why...

difficult one really....who decides if a car is truly a 'classic' on the accepted sense. In my mind if it gets a feature in PRACTICAL CLASSICS magazine, its creates this 'classic' status. MK I Fiestas have now had at least three articles and features on the MK Fiesta in that magazine, and confirmed my expectation that they are indeed, classics in the Old Skool Ford sense....

last one was manufactured in 1983, thats 24 years ago, you wil be hard pressed to find ANY car produced in 1983 now that is not arguably some kind of classic in many senses of the word......

Yep they're different ways to a similar goal :) I think I'm the same as you but the cars swapped round.
Variety is the spice of life!

Do you ever track day it? If you're a member of any Rex forums I wonder if you know Martyn & Rob who I seem to meet at the Nurburgring each year. They're brothers with similar looking silver Rexs, but not much look - both crashed last year and this! :(

Yours is a nice looking car btw!

Cheers :)

Hi there i own a 1986 vauxhall cavalier mk2 convertable which is very rare only being around 1200 ever made, i had been looking for one in the wright condition for many years and found her hiding in south london. She is currently in a bodyshop having a full respray and getting the facelift she needs. ash