Sick of non english news

Ah, but do you live near imergrants (sic) or people in council houses?

Why? Does that give you cancer too? :o

Jesus wept. What an awful thread.

In a nutshell. :|

Where does all the money go what we give away every year for other places, where was the pot for us when we got flooded.

Thats why i think England should have a more selfish attitude.

The European disaster fund, it was right there waiting for us to make use of it.

But what has that got to do with the news?

I think there's an underlying motive for this post?

Obviously.

no, you're allright mate, he was talking about imergrants, whatever they are.

Dont you love it when some prat (not pointing fingures it happens in all threads) has to pick up on spelling. immigrants is that better for you.

Ive turned the news off my tele its more interested in whats going on around the world than whats going on in our own country.

I can't see how iraq gets more coverage than the shocking state of affairs in london with the knife crimes.

Erm, the situation in Iraq is far more violent than the odd knife attack on the streets of London. We are losing servicemen on a daily basis and countless civilians are being murdered so I would say that was more of a priority in the news sense.

i'd like to know more about what's going on in the rest of the world. frankly, i'm just not that interested in a few london teenagers when there's crises everywhere - who else noticed that the mauritanian government passed anti-slavery laws for the first time yesterday? 1 in 5 people there are slaves or chattels (is there a difference? not sure). people dying in floods in india, fires across europe (some of which have been started and fed artificially, potentially for commercial gain), darfur, sudan, etc etc, but my big one - russia claiming that they own a large proportion of the oil reserves near the north pole....vladimir putin scares me much more than car crime in leeds or neighbours disputing boundaries in north yorkshire.

lets have more international news, i say! give us a sense of perspective!

I find the situation to be completely opposite to the OP's point - you get to hear very little about other countries in the local press. Why, I bought the Barnsley Chronicle today and nowhere on its pages can I find any information about the political situation in Kazahkstan. It's the same in this month's Practical Fishkeeping - a supposedly global hobby, but not a mention of the Argentinian local elections. Shocking xenophobia!

The world is a big place and we do not know enough about it.

I.e -floods in uk got massive coverage. Floods in Asia where millions of people have been displaced and 1000s will die of diseases related to the natural disaster is reported as a 'by the way'.

I love watching programmes about other places in the world.

The nice areas for escapism. The areas in the world that are deprived ,in all sorts of ways, make me realise how lucky I am. I then stop moaning about our council ( for a bit anyway.)

Perhaps if we knew a little more we may be alittle less prejudiced.

I find the situation to be completely opposite to the OP's point - you get to hear very little about other countries in the local press. Why, I bought the Barnsley Chronicle today and nowhere on its pages can I find any information about the political situation in Kazahkstan. It's the same in this month's Practical Fishkeeping - a supposedly global hobby, but not a mention of the Argentinian local elections. Shocking xenophobia!

The Barnsley Chronicle gave away free copies of the Economist earlier this month, and the supplement on non-religious group aid projects in South America is due with the issue on Tuesday. Time and place, Rathbon, time and place.

Here's an English story, Corker - an excellent article by Leo McKinstry:

'HOW THE GOVERNMENT HAS DECLARED WAR ON WHITE ENGLISH PEOPLE '

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/15991

England is in the middle of a profoundly disturbing social experiment. For the first time in a mature democracy, a Government is waging a campaign of aggressive discrimination against its indigenous population.   

In the name of cultural diversity, Labour attacks anything that smacks of Englishness. The mainstream public are treated with contempt, their rights ignored, their history trashed. In their own land, the English are being turned into second-class citizens.

I think it's disgusting. We need more news! Quick, go outside and make stuff happen!