Begging blokes on crutches- is this the latest scam?

Oh yes. All these poor people who lose their train fare are genuine. Strangely they do it day after day too. They must be very forgetful, poor souls. I never once remember "losing" my train fare. For a start, I'd boggle over why I hadn't purchased a return ticket earlier in the day.

Are you for real ???? Could have been genuine???? "I've lost my train fare to Lincoln".

Seems to me that Sheffield is the Bermuda Triangle of train / bus fares. Somewhere there's a money mountain of train and bus fares, wish I knew how to find it.

There was an element of sarcasm in my post. They definitely need a sarcastic smiley in here. :hihi::suspect:

I was once genuinely stuck in Nottingham as I had lost my train ticket. It was one of the worst days of my life. I went every I could trying to work out a way back to Sheff. In the end I had to pretend to sleep on the train.

I was once genuinely stuck in Nottingham as I had lost my train ticket. It was one of the worst days of my life. I went every I could trying to work out a way back to Sheff. In the end I had to pretend to sleep on the train.

Walking with a limp seems to work :thumbsup:

It never fails to baffle me how one can be stuck somewhere. My ex managed to get stuck in London (after falling asleep on a coach and failed to get off at Milton Keynes) so I had to pay for her to get a return fare by card over the phone. Foolish woman.

Surely if someones fare is their only means home then they'd take care of it. Carry cards, buy a mobile - have a back up plan.

If ever I get asked by one of these people then I'll grill them as to why they do not possess the wherewithall to think about such things before giving them a big fat "NO".

:D

Seems to me that Sheffield is the Bermuda Triangle of train / bus fares. Somewhere there's a money mountain of train and bus fares, wish I knew how to find it.

That's how the city's population reached half a million; it's just loads of people who got stuck for change and couldn't get home again. :hihi:

Yes it is a scam. I've seen them swapping the crutches over to each other then walking away without so much as a limp. They're most likely smackheads or something. There's a horrible baghead woman who hangs round by Waitrose and the bottom of London Road who comes up to me every day with the same like... "scuse me". I just tell her to eff off but she still asks me everyday I walk past. Scum.

Yes it is a scam. I've seen them swapping the crutches over to each other then walking away without so much as a limp. They're most likely smackheads or something. There's a horrible baghead woman who hangs round by Waitrose and the bottom of London Road who comes up to me every day with the same like... "scuse me". I just tell her to eff off but she still asks me everyday I walk past. Scum.

It seems then that there is a crutch shortage in Sheffield :suspect:

Rob the crutches:hihi: before they get chance to rob you, 10-1 odds they will have a divine moment, be instantly cured and chase you all over town. Might be worth a go just so you can leather a bum!! :rant:Why don't these people just stop harrassing decent people and get a grip of their lives.

Yesterday I was stopped twice between Granville Road and botom of the Moor by 2 seperate young guys on crutches- both asking me for 40p for the phone...They were def not the same bloke and it struck me as more than coincidence that they both asked for the same amount, more or less the same sob story. Anyone else had this recently?

Should have told them to get a job and earn that 40p.

I had the joy of meeting one of these heathens about a month ago near the music center. I politely said no and kept walking - then all of a sudden I could hear this guy behind me yelling and the sound of a crutch chasing me. crunch, crunch, crunch. It was like being in a movie and the sound getting closer. I have never walked so quickly in my life. I think I have been traumatized by the sound of a crutch now..

I never give change to anyone who asks but I feel a lot more comfortable saying no to a scummer on crutches because it is likely that the reason they need crutches or have a limp is because they shoot up in their legs - as this causes infections and absesses. I find that the addition of crutches is a useful way to spot a smack head!!