Boxes wanted for house removals

where is the best place to get large boxes ideally on loan to be returned after removal? And/or has anyone got any unwanted ones?

Lesley

please pm

We have several large ones that the council gave us when our house was being redone - I don't think they need them back and they are very large - let me know if you want them

Leltom,

When we moved a few years go, we used to do our shopping at Morrisons and every week prior to our evnetual move, when we did the ' Peter Kaye weekly big shop my friend ! ' we used to pick up three or four of the Del Monte banana boxes that they used to leave by the check out tills.

The great thing about them was they held quite a bit of stuff, they came with the lids and as they were all the same size, they could stack quite well to stand waiting for the move with stuff already in them.

In fact to be fair, we still have stuff that probably never came out of the loft at the old house in the loft at the new house and its still in neatly stacked Del Monte banana boxes, 5 years after the move.

Just an idea that might help you.

sheffield freecycle. Usually loads going on there, put in a 'wanted' post.

A big thankyou for all your suggestions

Lesley

Morrisons in Hillsborough have tons of boxes that you can take - they put them under the checkouts. I got loads of nice big sturdy boxes from there when I moved.