Anyone been to Leeds Armouries..?

is it worth a trip with a 5 year old?

Is it any good or is it a stuffy museum of a place.

Cheers

Jim

I went a couple of years back & it was pretty boring - it was just displays of knives & guns & armour & stuff.

If your 5 year old is a boy take him to the railway museum in York - my boy is 6 and would live there if he could :roll:

I think a 5 year old might like it as long as they are interested at new things. In the holidays they usually have displays on aswell and special exhibitions. The last 2 times we went they had a viking village and then japanese sword shows.

Heard loads of good reports about the place.Not just a "look place" but some games & interaction aswell.:thumbsup:

I went a couple of years back & it was pretty boring - it was just displays of knives & guns & armour & stuff.

If your 5 year old is a boy take him to the railway museum in York - my boy is 6 and would live there if he could :roll:

I'm almost 20, I would too.

The place is interesting but not very.

A five year old would be far better going to york rail museum where you can spend a while wandering about and then trip into york and explore a little.

Leeds armoury = boring

York = fun

The place is interesting but not very.

A five year old would be far better going to york rail museum where you can spend a while wandering about and then trip into york and explore a little.

Leeds armoury = boring

York = fun

No No No No No

Wander round York first.

Use the Railway Museum as the carrot to ensure a well behaved kid.

Can you tell I've done this before? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

You've got it one lol

I thought the Royal Armouries was quite good, esp the live show and its free dont forget, except special exhibitions and live shows.

He went there last week!:hihi:

Might have to be Rivelin then......:suspect:

Jim

If he likes all that sort of stuff but might get bored easily what about Eden Camp if he's quite grown up? (I've taken eight year olds before) There is tons to see, far more than you'll manage with a young un and the first nine huts are the most interactive for littlies.

There is an adventure playground for afterwards. It's about an hour twenty to get there.

http://www.edencamp.co.uk/

He went there last week!:hihi:

Might have to be Rivelin then......:suspect:

Jim

Havent been for quite a while, but the adventrue playground at Chatsworth is brilliant. Lots of running around and climbing etc, perfect for little boys lol You do have to pay to get it, not sure how much it is though.