Dog friendly pubs

No problem :) I'd just give them a call first to check... save being refused entry if I have got it wrong!

I don't know 100% if they allow dogs in Lion's Lair as I haven't been in for a while but I remember being in there once about a year ago n there was a dog sat with someone at the bar.

The Harlequin, on Nursery Street, although not exactly city centre, allows dogs - even noisy, farty little Staffies!!!

Sorry, managed to bugger up the link somehow! http://www.theharlequinpub.co.uk/

Edited by Dozy

Even more reason i suppose for the town centres to be loosing visitors.

Rising Sun's not that far out and they welcome dogs in there - and its a great atmosphere. I think most pubs don't necessarily like them in - because so many people have forgotten man's best friend.

The Harlequin, on Nursery Street, although not exactly city centre, allows dogs - even noisy, farty little Staffies!!!

Sorry, managed to bugger up the link somehow! http://www.theharlequinpub.co.uk/

Also the Fat Cat near there too, not 100% sure on Kelham Island Tavern, but still enough around there for a doggy pub crawl!

I've seen people with dogs in the Dog and Partridge on Trippet Lane

Again, not in the city centre but the Lescar and the Cricket Inn are both doggy friendly :thumbsup:

They definitely allow them in Fagans, Richard Hawley is regularly in there with his pooch. I think quite a few pubs around Kelham Island allow dogs in too. And I think The Three Tonns and The Red Deer allow dogs.

I've found a lot of the time they don't advertise the fact but if you just nip in and ask them you usually find they say yes.

Thanks guys, I will bookmark this thread for next time we're in town.

I have found pubs to be really unaccomadating but maybe I'm just trying the wrong ones. The key seems to be real ale places just outside the most central bit of town...

this thread was also done a good while ago, so if you have a good look, you should find some more suggestions

you may need to do a google search instead of a forum one though, as 3 letter words like 'pub' and 'dog' are too short for the vBulletin search facilitiy :rolleyes:

I've just merged an old thread with this. If you look at post #9 there are a few listed on there.

Be sure to phone ahead though as the info is a little old now.