Dog friendly pubs

If we eat out and have to leave the dog at home, we usually bring her a doggy bag - she practically mugs us as we open the back door. Not interested in us, only the contents of my handbag...

I started to compile a list of dog friendly pubs a while ago.

The following list is based on recommendations from other Forummers - I have not had time to check myself the exact details of when they let dogs in (some have restrictions) so I would advise you phone ahead just incase!

That's a really useful list- have you thought of adding it to the Dog's Welcome website, they are always looking for dog friendly places to stay at/visit/dine. Wish I could remember it's URL

The Millhouses at Millhouses allowed dogs last time we went and brought us a bowl of water

The Bridge Inn at Ford welcomes dogs

(Their menu for us is brilliant too - all home cooked food!)

Also look out for their Quiz Nights & Music Nights etc.

Great pub!

I wish to compile a list of pubs in South Yorks that are "dog friendly".

I know that the Rockingham arms (Wentworth) invites dogs and even provides dog dinners from the left over food from the meals that are seved there. When i say invites dogs i mean when accompanied by their owners not dogs going in on their own.

Edited by skip raider

please dont tell hubby if there are any close to ringinglow road, i'll never see him and the dogs again!!!

West Street Live. Plenty of dogs in there.

Are there any?

I always used to go in the Brown Bear but today when we had an hour to kill in town they said they wouldn't let them in any more.

We had to sit outside the Graduate which was nice but very cold!

Is there anywhere to sit in town if you have an hour or two to kill and have a dog (and want to be warm!)?

Are there any?

I always used to go in the Brown Bear but today when we had an hour to kill in town they said they wouldn't let them in any more.

We had to sit outside the Graduate which was nice but very cold!

Is there anywhere to sit in town if you have an hour or two to kill and have a dog (and want to be warm!)?

Sorry but.dogs and pubs don't mix....not these days anyway. I wouldn't want a dog sat next to me when I had popped in for a pleasant half hour, sorry.

I hate it when people bring them on the bus.

Sorry SheShe but dogs and people have been living together for a heck of a long time... and I still fail to see why some pubs have decided dogs can't go in... (I could understand it if they weren't behaving themselves).

And... you're not answering bogwoppits question at all are you? They didn't ask if anyone felt they should be going in pubs - they were asking where they can go! Which sadly there a few dog friendly pubs left these days.

I hate it when people take kids on the bus and the kids leave sticky finger prints everywhere and scream and shout for the whole journey... so I have very little sympathy for someone who hates it when I take my well behaved, quiet pooch on the bus!

Bogwoppit - I remember reading that Lions Lair allowed dogs in but it's also a gay pub I think!

SheShe - you're entitled to your opinion, but a lot of people I know like the atmosphere of welcoming pubs which allow dogs. It's nice to have a drink and be able to interact with animals, personally it adds to my relaxation.The worst Luna does will be to look at people eating crisps longingly before curling up and going to sleep under the table so don't think she's too offensive.

Thanks loads Lotti, I have plenty of friends who drink in the Lion's Lair and it's quite a nice pub. I also agree with the child issue, children can be a lot lot more in your face and disruptive then most dogs!