The trials and tribulations of knitting the alphabet blanket - so far

OK then here goes its the first row of letters XYZ (with a closeup of XY and another of YZ) - please scuse rubbish photos. This much was about 1 ball of yarn - think I may have bought too much!

OK then here goes its the first row of letters XYZ (with a closeup of XY and another of YZ) - please scuse rubbish photos. This much was about 1 ball of yarn - think I may have bought too much!

Good work!!:) That is very economical - you may need to take some yarn back to your LYS and ask for a refund. Fortunately, I don't believe your lys insists on a 28-day turn round:D

Lisa, that is looking lovely, well worth all the trouble! I shall look forward to the progression photos too.

Good work!!:) That is very economical - you may need to take some yarn back to your LYS and ask for a refund. Fortunately, I don't believe your lys insists on a 28-day turn round:D

Ooo well thats very interesting to know (specially since it will be way over 28 days before I really know) - maybe I could trade it in for something else if I need to:D Maybe the edging chomps up yarn like nobodies business ... we shall see.

When you get to the edging, I've got some very hand hints on how to make it easier and quicker. Remind me when you get there!

I'm making mine from whatever I can find in my stash that comes to 300g! Will let you know!

Good luck!

Lisa, you are such a perfection puss. That's looking really beautiful. But thanks for the offer... I'll not be having another baby just for you to knit me one. :lol:

When you get to the edging, I've got some very hand hints on how to make it easier and quicker. Remind me when you get there!

I'm making mine from whatever I can find in my stash that comes to 300g! Will let you know!

Good luck!

Hmm I got 11 50g balls (according to the pattern my sub has a similar yardage I think). Are you sure 300g is enough?

Hmm I got 11 50g balls (according to the pattern my sub has a similar yardage I think). Are you sure 300g is enough?

Probably not. Must learn to read patterns in future *hangs head in shame*

Probably not. Must learn to read patterns in future *hangs head in shame*

Me too thats why Ive redone this first set of letters 3 or is it 4 tims now :hihi:

Righty ho here it is at the end of the second row of letters and closeups are here and here. Im pleased with how its coming on even if I did have to undo 5 rows to find a lost stitch:roll: Maybe I should think about starting a blog?

It is looking great! Thanks for posting photos.

(Much faster growth than my jumper which I am re-doing the front of for the fourth time).