Advice On Which Pet To Get

I Am Wanting Either A Rabbit, Piggy Or An Hamster But Un Decided What To Get I Dont Really Know Much About Any Of These So I Am Just Wanting A Bit Of Advice Really

Thanks

Can you afford to get your animal spayed, insured, and preferably get two animals? Do you have several hours a day to devote to your animal? Do you have spare cash in case your animal develops an illness it's not insured against?

If not, don't get a rabbit, they're expensive pets to keep when kept correctly and take up a large amount of time.

rabbits n piggies are better in pairs, need lots of space and you need to be prepared to pay for neutering and possible longer -term vet treatment. Even if kept as house rabbits or GPs, which is becoming more common these days, they need some access to outdoors as lack of natural sunlight could lead to vitamin deficiencies.

Hamsters are often sold in pairs and may subsequently develop an intense hatred for one another so you end up having to buy two cages.

Have you considered gerbils? They prefer to be in pairs too but are active during the daytime and are great little critters- hamsters are nocturnal and are usually active during the night when you are probably asleep. You can see I am biased but I prefer gerbils everytime.

Rats are very sociable critters - again, need a lot of space but are incredibly intelligent and rewarding pets.

I would consider visiting the website http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk and signing up for the forum if you are considering a rabbit....there is tonnes of info on there which can help you make an educated decision and inform you of the facts of living with a pair of bunnies.

I love rabbits and have owned them previously but cant now with the daft dobeman- she would go mental if she saw them in the house and we don't have the space now in our garden (plus it would not be fair to keep them in a hutch and run and then not be ableot handle them because of the dog).

Our gerbils are in a cat-proof tank with a sturdy lid - hours of fun for the cats to watch but not touch- same with the fish and the cockatiel- although the cats are not that interested in fish or caged birds forsome reason- obviously, gerbils are more attractive- must be the smell.

Get a snake gecko or a lizard dont do the norm and get a furry lol

Serously geckos are great.