James Beattie signs for 4 million.

It's nice to know that Jagielka put in a good word for us when 'selling' the club to Beattie (according to the Blades website). Jagielka told Beattie all the positive things about the Blades and how moving to us could be a good move for him.

Hopefully, we'll be playing Jaggers' new club in just over a year's time.

Scottf - agreed with Eagles. He would be a good signing and he's young too.

When Chris Eagles was at Wednesday he was an inspiration, i think he's going to play for man utd a lot more this season aswell, hes scored a couple of crackers in pre season, so i doubt Fegie will let him go now hes come on even more.

why not.. just comparing what Jags had done in his carer and what James has done in his carer, shows we've got better now than we had, and he's scores MORE goals and over all got MORE experience

so over all GOOD BUSINESS @ the lane :D

that is the daftest post i have ever seen!

beattie has played more because hes older, and hes scored more because hes a striker where jags is a defender/midfielder...

i dont want to start sounding like madpaul or nekro but you have overpaid massively for him and he hasnt performed at all for us.

but i hope he does well for you and you get promoted!

that is the daftest post i have ever seen!

beattie has played more because hes older, and hes scored more because hes a striker where jags is a defender/midfielder...

i dont want to start sounding like madpaul or nekro but you have overpaid massively for him and he hasnt performed at all for us.

how do you know we've over paid for him? do you do the budgets!! if he scores 20 goals then to me and the rest of the team, he's earnt his money. dont kock him untill the season is up and the facts and figures show what he can and cant do!!

until then !!

then to me and the rest of the team, he's earnt his money.

until then !!

Bloody Hell! We have an SUFC player on the Forum in disguise!

Or are we talking about the team in the Royal Sense?

how do you know we've over paid for him? do you do the budgets!! if he scores 20 goals then to me and the rest of the team, he's earnt his money. dont kock him untill the season is up and the facts and figures show what he can and cant do!!

until then !!

i can knock his record because the fact is, in 86 games for everton, he scored 15 goals!

thats about 1 goal every 6 games or 6 goals a season.

so his time at everton has been disapointing to say the least. i do have to say he has never complained about being left out and has always worked hard and tried his best, it just wasnt good enough.

if you had asked any blue a month ago if they would let beattie go for £4 million and they would have screamed yes!!

In his first full season, was he not your leading scorer fella?

Time will tell if we have overpaid, but if he can re-create his form which got him 5 England caps then £4 million is a bargain.....

concidering that chopra has jsut gone for 5mil and kenwyn jones is also 5mil, i think 4mil for beattie is a good deal providing he finds the net at least 15 times this year!

concidering that chopra has jsut gone for 5mil and kenwyn jones is also 5mil, i think 4mil for beattie is a good deal providing he finds the net at least 15 times this year!

He'l be worth every penny if he chases a Colchester defender after 6 mins and nutz him! Just like he did Gallas on his Everton debut :hihi:

In his first full season, was he not your leading scorer fella?

Time will tell if we have overpaid, but if he can re-create his form which got him 5 England caps then £4 million is a bargain.....

He was but i think he only got 11 goals or something..

but i suppose with nugent going for £8 mil, richardson for £5.5, brown fo £9 million then 4 isnt that much.. still we are glad to get that for him cos i was thinking about 2.5!

He was but i think he only got 11 goals or something..

but i suppose with nugent going for £8 mil, richardson for £5.5, brown fo £9 million then 4 isnt that much.. still we are glad to get that for him cos i was thinking about 2.5!

But Everton have never been high scorers really though have they? Andy Johnson was deemed to have had a good season one just gone, and he only got 11 league goals too.

I was also thinking more along the lines of £2million and was surprised at £4 million. But yes when in comparison to some other players £4 million isn't that much, it's just a lot for US.

i've been working today with a lifelong Everton supporter.

he had two comments to make:

1. glad he's gone

2.he was amazed anyone paid £4million to buy him.

i've been working today with a lifelong Everton supporter.

he had two comments to make:

1. glad he's gone

2.he was amazed anyone paid £4million to buy him.

Anybody know any Saints supporters? Bet they would have took him back if they had the cash!