What Would You Invent?

I would invent a Stannah chair that takes you upstairs from the living room and gently puts you in bed after a night out :P

So what would you boffins out there invent?

Is that a dummy for the use of a time machine, a time machine that looks like a working time machine but is in actual fact a replica, or you are a dummy for not wishing to invent a time machine? :P

As for me, well I'd invent x-ray specs because I have definite perv tendencies.

Oh, and three 100% realistic lady robots for my own personal use (for the same reason as the x-ray specs).

I think i very long pole that you can lengthen to whatever length you require it with a claw on the end would be very handy for loads of things. I often lay in bed thinking i wish i had a long pole to shut my door with cos i cant be arsed to get up. You could also put the TV on with it from wherever youre sat.

GOD DAMN IT IT WOULD BE SO HANDY!

A head mounted pupil tracking dv camera with a full field stereoscopic frame and will film exactly what you are looking at. Or just a stills camera that takes a picture when I press the button on my remote. Possibly even a zoom facility with the image previewed in the right eye, via a tiny projector/mirror system.

It's all available technology, although it would be a little cumbersome at the moment.

A plug-in system either linked to specs or going directly into your head a la Matrix that will feed info. to you immediately upon request. So insects or plants or books or whatever's your thing, you'd have it all right there right then...the knowledge.

That would be useful.:lol:

We're basically talking about an augmented reality setup, where you see the world through a pair of specs that put useful overlays on for you, or go opaque to act as a computer 'monitor'. This coupled with pupil tracking and a hat mounted array of every kind of sensor imaginable as well as a full spectrum radio transceiver and you'd be in business.

Like x-ray specs, only you could see in the thermal band, or in ultrasonic, view pipes hidden underground and wires in walls. A facial catalogueing system could assist you in recognising people and recalling facts about them.

Combined with speech recognition control, you could look at a half empty bottle of beer across the room, and get its temperature, remaining volume of beer and carbon dioxide concentrations in the air around it to determine whether it would be worth dragging yourself off the floor for.

Archived