New Kitten settling in ...

theyre orkids, and we didnt know orkids were oriental lillys

I got her to the vets within an hour and half (had to wait for a lift). he said its quite high risk and she could get renal failure.

im so scared for my poor baby, she was clinging to me at the vets poor thing.

Oh keely I really hope she pulls through, keep me updated on how she is please. My neighbours garden is full of Lillies so I worry about them all the time.

theyre orkids, and we didnt know orkids were oriental lillys

I got her to the vets within an hour and half (had to wait for a lift). he said its quite high risk and she could get renal failure.

im so scared for my poor baby, she was clinging to me at the vets poor thing.

I suppose it depends how much she ate too? Fingers crossed for her x

im ringing the vets at 2 to check on her progress.

hes hoping he can get her to be sick, then hes going to give her some charcoal to absorb it. I hope she'l be ok and can come back home tomorrow.

im going to give her so much fuss and love, shes such a naughty monkey, who needs cat biscuits when theres pollen around, certainly not my emily!

She is a tough little cat, I will keep an eye out on the thread for news of her.

yeah, my emilys a fighter, she only cries for attention and hugs!

ive rang the vets and they said shes "stable"

shes been sick, which is what they wanted, (but theyre sick when they have poison anyway arent they??)

she said apart from that theres nothing to report and ive to wait til 10 tomorrow morning! I cant wait that long!

Poor baby!

Really hope all works out alright for you Keely - you did the right thing getting her to the vets asap, lily pollen is highly toxic- it's one of things you dont realise is poisonous until you have a nasty scare like this.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you and your little girl- know exactly how you must be feeling- my baby Charlie was in for his op today (if you've read anything about my gang you'll probably recall we lost a Norwegian Forest Cat to an anasthetic allergy 4 yrs ago and it has made me an anxious cat -mummy with every other cat I've had to take in for the 'snip' since then... Not that I doubt the vets at all, but once youve had it happen you cant help whittering.

Every minute this morning has seemed to drag on and on until we got the call at lunchtime to say he can be collected this afternoon.

She's in the right place Keely and your vets will be giving her all the care she needs, particualry as she is a kitten, so try not to fret too much- she needs you to be in a positive frame of mind when you collect her later on.

Keep us posted on Emily Lots of Love xK

Oh I hope your kitty is ok xx

Ive just spoken to one of the nurses at the surgery, emily is doing really well :)

they started to feed her with a syringe but my greedy emily helped herself to biscuits :)

theyve cleaned her up so she doesnt have a yellow face anymore, its now black from charcoal!

she might be kept in all weekend still, ive got to ring tomorrow morning to find out. im so glad shes doing better, I knew my little emily would pull through!

glad to hear it keely xxK