MC/DOJO Martial arts

Im sure today's kickboxing champions work out against wavemasters and padded lollipops as opposed to thaipads and sandbags/concrete bags :P

Good point. The day I see Mirko 'Cro-Cop' Filipovic or Peter Aerts using a Wavemaster is the day I'll change my mind about 'modern' training aids.

Good point. The day I see Mirko 'Cro-Cop' Filipovic or Peter Aerts using a Wavemaster is the day I'll change my mind about 'modern' training aids.

This is the thing you see, NOT everyone wants to be the next peter aerts let alone compete at all.

Wavemaster bags, you kick them you bounce back. Im sure if i was a lot younger , as a precursor to kickboxing training Im sure i would have loved one to kick about. I might actually buy one for use at home.

Wavemaster bags have their uses as do heavybags.

Everyone does martial arts for different reasons.

There is :

Recreational martial arts = Various types

Traditional martial arts = karate, judo,aikido, various forms of kung fu

Full contact martial arts = kickboxing, muay thai, boxing MMA

Self defence systems = kapap , JKD and in some cases : some forms of kickboxing or even muay thai.

Semi contact systems = Taekwondo, laugar kung fu.

Acrobatic martial arts = Wu Shu , Freestyle karate, Taekwondo,XMA

That is the thing these days, there has to be a flavour for everyone.

Can everyone train in full contact styles ?

NO

Likewise, semi contact/acrobatic and recreational styles would bore hardcore practitioners.

What would you do with say kids aged 5-8 years old?

What would you do with the 47 year old guy who just enrols alongside his teenage kids as a compliment to playing squash on a wednesday?

Try pointing them towards a full contact gym such as Wicker camp, AFK or sheffield Shoot?

Not always a good idea.

Try pointing the 21 year old Ex Boxer roughneck towards a classical kung fu or Taekwondo school? He would soon lose interest as forms and patterns are not his thing?

Different flavours for different people

Life and martial arts is about choices.

Just a note for the above mentioned....Taekwondo falls in the FULL CONTACT, SEMI CONTACT, TRADITIONAL, SELF DEFENCE SYSTEMS categories and not the Acrobatic one.

Knowledge is the bomb!!!

Rubbish lads, this threads pathetic.

What we need is someone to claim to be a kickboxing world champion, who clearly doesn't know the difference between an elbow strike and an air strike.

I'm doing a boring admin job tommorrow, and as such looking for an entertaining bicker........ so come on lads...Spice it up.

Rubbish lads, this threads pathetic.

What we need is someone to claim to be a kickboxing world champion, who clearly doesn't know the difference between an elbow strike and an air strike.

I'm doing a boring admin job tommorrow, and as such looking for an entertaining bicker........ so come on lads...Spice it up.

Im a world champion in life and a European champion in bull****.

Im also a master of the air strike and the "off the wall jump" .

I also happen to be especially good with shurikens and knives. In my spare time , i enjoy flying (but sometimes i stab!). My girlfriend Jessica Simpson was kidnapped by the Mad Gears Gang.

Go on then start bickering?

:hihi:

Im a world champion in life and a European champion in bull****.

Im also a master of the air strike and the "off the wall jump" .

I also happen to be especially good with shurikens and knives. In my spare time , i enjoy flying (but sometimes i stab!). My girlfriend Jessica Simpson was kidnapped by the Mad Gears Gang.

Go on then start bickering?

:hihi:

Got to agree with you Chef on the 'European Champion of bull ****' statement. :thumbsup:

I actually think that you could quite easily become the 'Undisputed World Champion' in it! :lol:

chefkicker

Try pointing the 21 year old Ex Boxer roughneck towards a classical kung fu or Taekwondo school? He would soon lose interest as forms and patterns are not his thing?

Kung fu is not all about forms that is only a very very small part of the training is.

Granted a lot of kung fu schools do focus way to much on the forms but not all.

The forms are worthless if you can’t apply the theory and techniques.

I have a old student up Newcastle and I know two other kung fu club up there that train Door staff I also have a kung fu brother that trains door staff, police and the military he also runs a big body guard business in london.

So I think that comment is invalid.

That would be like me saying you don’t do proper kickboxing chefkicker

lol

Mind a lot of kung fu clubs live in a world of there own just like other martial arts.

ive startde a new forum about martial arts . all martial arts questions and posts can be made there come and join more members the better forum will be check link below

ive startde a new forum about martial arts . all martial arts questions and posts can be made there come and join more members the better forum will be check link below

Jesus wept, will you give it a rest already??

Why can't we just use this forum for Martial Arts questions?

hmm i have been training and teaching jujitsu for the last 13yrs and am not a third dan would love to know how an 11 yr old got to it in such a short time thought the usual time pattern 1yr between 1st kyu and 1st dan and 2yrs between 1st and 2nd and 3yrs between 2nd and 3rd dan and so on lol god i feel slow now :D