One-day Writing A Novel course

It looks really interesting and it is something that I would attend, but its my partners birthday on the given date; (venue already booked) so I cannot make it. If any of you attend can you put feedback on the forum and possibly share the experience?

I would be extremely grateful.

Daniel sells a Secrets For Writers pack on his website.

Daniel sells a Secrets For Writers pack on his website.

Have you met my new publicist? :hihi:

Have you met my new publicist? :hihi:

Well I dont think people on SF realise who they have got on their site. :hihi::hihi:

I was on Radio Sheffield with Rony today, talking about the new novel and my writing and inspiration generally - if anyone's interested, you can hear it on Listen Again for the next 24 hours, at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/community/radio_sheffield/index.shtml

Enjoy!

I was trying hard not to cringe when he asked me about writing raunchy stuff...

Intriguing. I started a thread only today asking if anybody had any tips for aspiring writers. This has really caught my attention and I am sorely tempted to rinse my credit card to come along to this event.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=246544

As you will see on the thread I started, I just want to write a book that draws from my own life experiences. I have no interest in becoming a professional writer, and I don't for one moment expect my book to even be published, let alone be successful. But it would be nice to know I am doing it justice, rather than just doing it without putting in the effort.

Would this course be of use to me?

I have to be honest and say it's for people who want to be published, ultimately! And yes, for people who have some interest, however slight, in doing it professionally one day.

I think I worded that badly. Perhaps I need to go on a writing course! ;)

What I mean is that I do not expect that many people to be interested in the subject of my book. Of course I would like it to be published, and I would like it to be successful, but that is not my overall objective. I'm doing this purely because it is something I have always wanted to do. If it were to be successful, that would just be a bonus.

If I do decide to come along, When is the latest I would need to book up by Daniel?

I need to be able to let the venue know final numbers two weeks before, which in practice means Fri 7th Sept.

I need to guarantee 5 people to be able to run it - no cheques will be banked until then. If I get only 4 who have booked and paid, I will return cheques.

Just going to bump this, as I only need two more people and I can definitely run this one-day course.

Details above - please email [email protected] to enrol.

I'm pleased to say that this course went very well in the end - I got 8 participants, who all enjoyed the day and gave me some very useful evaluations at the end.

I will be running the day again, this time in the S10/S11 area, and probably in mid-to-late November. if you'd be interested please let me know: [email protected]

Again a certain number of advance bookings will be necessary before I can guarantee the event.

The links on the Moonfruit web page look really helpful....well its a start. Thanks Daniel