Depression what do you think?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Depression what do you think?

• Depression is serious.
    • Depression is stupid.
    • I dont know what depression is.
    • I dont want to comment.
    • I am depressed

Depression what do you think? i am not going to tell you why I am asking this i just want to know what you think about depression and people that are depressed please comment. Whats Your View's

If you suffer depression Contact your GP for the best help.

Depression is serious, in fact left untreated it can be a killer, and it is also an illness that affects many many people at various points in their life.

Depression is serious, in fact left untreated it can be a killer, and it is also an illness that affects many many people at various points in their life.

agreed, same as above really

I dont have time to be depressed.

Nice poll question = depression is stupid.

Depression can be serious if left untreated but you can push through it though a cycle can develop and you have to learn to recognise your 'triggers' in order to keep it away.

Depression can be serious if left untreated but you can push through it though a cycle can develop and you have to learn to recognise your 'triggers' in order to keep it away.

I agree becoming self aware is the key to keeping it at bay but some people have a chemical imbalance and therefore need practical help to alleviate the symptoms.

Completely agree with you Discovery. I think its probably a lifelong battle. Its hard for people who have never suffered from it to understand how disabilitating it is. If you've broken your leg people can see what's wrong with you but mental health problems are hidden inside the sufferer and it seems a very lonely battle.

Depression is sneaky, it creeps up on you when you dont expect it, and if you dont recognise what the problem is - it only gets worse. Talking to people is always good.

Depression is sneaky, it creeps up on you when you dont expect it, and if you dont recognise what the problem is - it only gets worse. Talking to people is always good.

so thats why im here then to stop people jumping of tall buildings lol

its real and you never know if you have it or not

I dont have time to be depressed.

Nice poll question = depression is stupid.

What a ridiculous response.

That's like saying I dont have time to be epileptic. It's an illness not a life choice.

Depression is a serious business. I was depressed about seven years ago and, the stupid thing was, I didn't even know why. I tried to kill myself twice for no reason that, looking back now, I can see.

I was on medication that didn't work. Then something clicked and I found myself enjoying things. I had distractions that took my mind off my feelings and I channelled my energy in to hobbies and activities. Now, my life is great and I'm so glad that I managed to survive. I'm now living instead of just existing. I go out at the weekend with my bro and mates and have a laugh. I go to watch my football team. I love my music, reading and writing. I enjoy playing Warhammer 40K and Dungeons and Dragons on a Sunday afternoon until the evening, sharing laughs over crap dice rolls.

I just all of a sudden started to appreciate the good things in life instead of concentrating on the bad. I'm not saying that it's easy to get out of depression or saying that it's stupid, all I'm saying is you can get out of it and start to appreciate the good things in life like family, friends etc.

how do you know if your depressed, or just going through a very long period of having the blues? If you can laugh and smile about things, does that mean you're cant have depression?

Its confusing....

its serious business though