Anyone know of any creative writing classes in Sheffield?

I want to find a creative writing class in Sheffield, does anyone know of any?- dont want anything too hardcore just some handy tips and advice from them that know!!x

my mum used to go to a class at heeley (Heeley writers) ... think it was run by wea; she always enjoyed the class (went for years!)! and got a lot out of it.

not sure if it will be running in september as its at the centre thats due to be closed down :( - but im sure a search will bring something up, try the sheffield colleges website

University of Sheffield run several different courses throughout the year.

Thanks, I will look into those avenues!

Do you know that there is a Writers Group in the "Sheffield Interest Groups" section of this website?

There are lots run by the Workers' Educational Association, some of which I teach myself, and they are much cheaper than the University or College. We have a Writers' Workshop on Wednesday mornings at Walkley, to be led by Sue Shaw. There is a Writing Short Stories course running on Tuesday evenings from September 25th in Stannington at the Wood Lane Countryside Centre, and a Writing A Novel course running on Thursdays from Sept 27th at Sheffield Independent Film (town centre), both led by me.

I'm leading independently-run courses too - I'm doing a one-day course on How To Write A Novel on Sat 22nd Sept at Wood Lane Centre.

If you like non-fiction then Susan Elliot-Wright does some highly recommended courses which are advertised in libraries.

Email me for more info: [email protected]

Hope that's useful!

all best

Dan

I go to a creative writing class at Woodhouse library.

It's just started and is free,

hazel

I can recommend Susan Elliot Wright- I think she's starting a new class in September at the Tabernacle hall in Hillsborough. You do have to pay, but the advice is professional and Susan is a published writer who knows her stuff.

Going to her class last year changed my life!

Basil

Why not join SFs own writing group, I am sure they will be able to give you some tips etc

Please see my separate thread in the Writing Group (under Sheffield Interest Groups) about my latest one-day course.

Thanks everyone! I will think of you all when I have my first bestseller!