Landscape gardeners - recommendations needed please

My back and front gardens are in a real mess, there isn't actually any grass in either of them as they are full of overgrown weeds (some about 5ft high), blackberries, rhubarb, the hedges need cutting down as they are too tall for me to reach etc. It was all dug out about a year ago but I work full time and have a 1year old, so just don't have time to keep on top of it all.

I would like recommendations for a gardener to come and clear the whole lot out and prepare the ground for grass seeding, plus cut the hedges lower. Back garden is pretty large, approx 70ft long. No offence meant here but it needs to be a 'proper' company if you like, rather than an 'odd job' person, as there's a lot of work to be done and I want someone with the proper insurance etc.

Any ideas?

xx

You could try Tom from Tom Moore Landscaping who are a well established Garden Design and Landscaping company based in South Yorkshire.

For more information check out - http://www.tommoorelandscaping.co.uk - or call freephone 0800 783 6513

You could try Tom from Tom Moore Landscaping who are a well established Garden Design and Landscaping company based in South Yorkshire.

For more information check out - http://www.tommoorelandscaping.co.uk - or call freephone 0800 783 6513

Hi, We had this dilemma a few months ago. I contacted tom moore landscaping, came out to see us, arrived 45 minutes late (no phone call to say why, tried to ring him but no answer). Didn't give us any ideas (because you have to pay extra for a design plan), which we were after, and the best bit told us our quote would be with us within 2 weeks, 2 months later still no quote! :loopy:

BUT, we have found the perfect landscaper, he and his fantastic team are working on my parents garden at the moment, and it is looking fantastic. Lee (the manager) is a lovely guy with lots of great ideas and helped my very awkward (lol) parents plan the garden of there dreams. Lee's company is called Complete landscaping, telephone 07780603835. I couldn't recomend them enough and will have them to do mine garden in the very near future. His quotes and design plan is free.

Hope this helps :)

Also meant to say he is very resonably priced.

:)

I hear "UP HILL GARDENERS" are always busy. Not got a contact number though.

To be honest, you're not after a landscaper for that job (I was one). That's just clearance/ maintenance. Any monkey could cope with that.