Mrs Brady, the Old Lady - the Viz character

Does anyone remember Mrs Brady, the wonderful cartoon creation in 'Viz'? She was an old pensioner, wrapped up in her own little world (and always wrapped up in warm clothing, regardless of the weather), frequently talking to herself, talking to (but not listening) to anyone she bumps into and complaining how much prices have risen since the war. I must say, I find old ladies rather endearing (I hasten to add, not in any sexual way - I am not into gerontophilia just yet). I am always happy to talk to them if they want to strike up a conversation.

Does anyone remember Mrs Brady, the wonderful cartoon creation in 'Viz'? She was an old pensioner, wrapped up in her own little world (and always wrapped up in warm clothing, regardless of the weather), frequently talking to herself, talking to (but not listening) to anyone she bumps into and complaining how much prices have risen since the war. I must say, I find old ladies rather endearing (I hasten to add, not in any sexual way - I am not into gerontophilia just yet). I am always happy to talk to them if they want to strike up a conversation.

Gerontophilia? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

That's a new one on me! :hihi:

Gerontophilia? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

That's a new one on me! :hihi:

In your case shoey, it would be an example of self-love

In your case shoey, it would be an example of self-love

Ouch! :o

I'll go next door and tell Mrs. Brady about you. She'll sort you out at the Post Office on Pension Day.

What's with the "anyone remember" and "she was"?

She's not dead yet and still going strong!!!

What's with the "anyone remember" and "she was"?

She's not dead yet and still going strong!!!

Well, I've not looked at a Viz comic for years, but am pleased to discover that Mrs Brady is still with us (and hopefully the two fat slags and Sid the Sexist too).

She's still going and chattering on about her back body, anal fistulas and what Haslet does to her innards. Yes, I admit it, I am a 30 year old professional who still reads Viz.

I was reading Roger's Profanisaurus yesterday. I'm always shocked at the language that PG Wodehouse was capable of. Potty mouth.

I was reading Roger's Profanisaurus yesterday. I'm always shocked at the language that PG Wodehouse was capable of. Potty mouth.

Ah the great PG! Anyone who can have a story in which Lenin and Trotsky are playing golf together can't be all bad. As for your reference to PG as a 'potty mouth', he wouldn't necessarily be disgruntled at this, but he wouldn't exactly be gruntled either.

Ah the great PG! Anyone who can have a story in which Lenin and Trotsky are playing golf together can't be all bad. As for your reference to PG as a 'potty mouth', he wouldn't necessarily be disgruntled at this, but he wouldn't exactly be gruntled either.

He may not be gruntled, but the comment was made with grudging admiration for his imaginative use of language. To turn ordinary, everyday expletives into an entertainingly evocative attention-grabbing array of such colour takes some skill, in my opinion. If I were wearing a hat, it would now be doffed. However, I am not at a wedding, and as such am not wearing one.

She's still going and chattering on about her back body, anal fistulas and what Haslet does to her innards. Yes, I admit it, I am a 30 year old professional who still reads Viz.

Viz is a dirty secret in my house too. We subscribed and received a free Roger Mellie doll. I'm not just a little bit ashamed of that fact.

I'm a Viz subscriber and proud - and have all the annuals :D