Is there a Filipino community in Sheffield?

is there a filipino community here in sheffield???? just asking:cool:

Yes there is - I've PMed you about it :thumbsup:

Sheffield Filipino community might be glad to know that Sheffield Steelers Elite Ice Hockey team recent sign up this season is a Filipino/Brit named Sharp.

hello there , sorry to be bump an old thread but my fiancee is from the Philippines and would like to make contact with filipinos in ( or near ) Sheffield - can anyone help? , thanks , salamat

Sheffield Filipino community might be glad to know that Sheffield Steelers Elite Ice Hockey team recent sign up this season is a Filipino/Brit named Sharp.

:heyhey::heyhey::heyhey:

Sheffield is such a multiculatural place that it is not surprising that there is even a Filipinese community; I know Sheffield is notable for having a large and well-established Yemeni community.

In some other countries, I have noticed very large Filipinese communities; there are huge ones in Paris and Amsterdam, also a smaller one in Dublin, Ireland, where many of them work as nurses and chambermaids, etc.

hello there , sorry to be bump an old thread but my fiancee is from the Philippines and would like to make contact with filipinos in ( or near ) Sheffield - can anyone help? , thanks , salamat

Hiya,

My Dad had a week of respite care at a place called Cherry Trees care home in Barnsley earlier this year and several of the carers/nurses in the place were filipino so maybe if theres isn't a community in Sheffield, there may be one in Barnsley.

Hope that helps

thanks everybody - my fiancee is currently in the Philippines but i am hoping for her to move here very soon - when i have spent time in the Philippines i have often been the only westerner for miles around and it is difficult to explain how multicultural large cities in the UK are! - i have described the mixed atmosphere here but was unable to say that i knew of any filipinos at all , so i am very glad to hear that we are not alone :-) - i am sure she will have no trouble making friends with people here but some other filipinos would help in the early days i am sure - thanks

Calvin, she can be reassured that there are loads of Filipinos (mainly Filipinas) in Sheffield and the surrounding area, as there are throughout the UK. You may not have noticed them yet, but you certainly will when she gets here!

If you're planning on getting her over here on a fiancée visa, then make sure you fully understand the visa requirements: it's not that they're difficult, just that they need to be followed to the letter as the UK Embassy in Manila can be very strict, and, also, they have a habit of changing the rules and procedures without warning, so have a look at the Embassy's website on a regular basis. If you're unsure about any aspects of it, I can give you some pointers.

Oh... and after she gets the visa, there's the farcical CFO procedure to go through - need to gen up on that, too :cool:

Hello All , sorry to be bumping again ;) - just to say that we got married in the Philippines last week. Have had an experience with the UK Embassy in Manila already Ivor , with my CNI , they were strict and i had to visit twice more to sort out all the paperwork :). Anyway all done and now to start the spouse visa process , oh well , on and up. Incidentally a quick plug for the filipinoUK website , very helpful for anyone in a similar situation ( i know Ivor and Mel are there :) ) Many thanks.

Yes there is - I've PMed you about it :thumbsup:

:help: Hi am new here and am searching for a filipino help/advice centre here in Sheffield.....Could you help me i would really appreciate it thanx