The Tour De France 2003

Who will win the Tour DE France  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Tour DE France

• Lance Armstrong
    • Jan Ullrich
    • Jose Beloki
    • Dave Miller

Anyone who is not interested in the biggest race in the world are SAD and if footy is your game then your even sadder.:lol: :lol:

Well O.K then maybe not but i have llisted four names who i predict have a chance of winning this years race.

One is a red herring who has no chance.

Try to be enthusiastic and vote, even if you have never heard of them.

You never know you might win.

NOTE: I think Jan Ullrich will win.

Hey, you forgot to mention Malcolm Elliiot on your list!! Shame on you...;)

Our Malcolms not riding this year Lickz,, anyway the Brits never do well in the Tour, especially if your from Sheffield.

Guess he,s more cut out for the Premier calender.

Originally posted by The Cycleracer

Our Malcolms not riding this year Lickz,, anyway the Brits never do well in the Tour, especially if your from Sheffield.

I didn't actually think he would be up for the Tour. I mean, he must be "fit at forty" too, hey? :D

I suppose he is still good for the Tour of Britain or Milk Race though, that's if they still exist?

What about Stephen Roche, he didn't do too badly did he once upon a time?

Have you been reading up about cycling history or something.

I reckon Malcolm Elliott would come well on the Tour of Britain but that race attracted an international field so his chances would be cut down dramatically but he is giving our best riders a good kicking and some are half his age.

Stephen Roche won the tour one year and his son is doing pretty well to though i doubt he will make the rider his dad was.

By the way you seem to know a bit about cycling, fancy a ride one day.8)

Have you been reading up about cycling history or something.

I reckon Malcolm Elliott would come well on the Tour of Britain but that race attracted an international field so his chances would be cut down dramatically but he is giving our best riders a good kicking and some are half his age.

Stephen Roche won the tour one year and his son is doing pretty well to though i doubt he will make the rider his dad was.

By the way you seem to know a bit about cycling, fancy a ride one day.8)

Not been reading, I used to follow it back then. Kelloggs tour of Britain etc. In fact I used to ride for Rutland CC many moons ago, Elliott joined us for a ride one Sunday. I tried getting on the front of the pack to see if he would give chase to find out what he was made of but he wasn't at all tempted. He just stuck in the high gears the whole ride. Who knows, I might take you up on that offer one day, but at the moment I don't own a bike and got other objectives. Stephen Roche used to commentate on the Tour De France a couple of years ago on Eurosport but not sure if he still does.

I used to ride for Rutland to, but that clubs full of 'i,m better than you so don't ride with me' kn*****ds so i joined a smaller outfit and improved with riders who help rather than the elitist trash you get from Rutland.

I now race for a tri club but i don't do triathlons i just ride the bike.

Cyclings full of 'part of the clan' people and if your not one of them you will end up finding your own way home or repairing your own punture.

The Veterans are the worse which is why i chose the friendliest club around, The Sheffield Tri Club.

We enjoy our training and help each other and i am only to pleased to wait at the top for the riders with less ability than myself because that is what a real clubs all about.

If i want a punishing ride with all the pain that goes with it then i will take a ride with the Rutland.

I miss the Channel 4 coverage with Phil Ligget & co. I used to rush home to watch that. I don't have satellite so now I just have to read the papers which is not quite the same :-(

I went to Portsmouth to watch the tour when it came to the UK in '94 (I think). It was great. I'd love to go to France to watch it one day.

Originally posted by E-Man Groovin

I miss the Channel 4 coverage with Phil Ligget & co. I used to rush home to watch that. I don't have satellite so now I just have to read the papers which is not quite the same :-(

I went to Portsmouth to watch the tour when it came to the UK in '94 (I think). It was great. I'd love to go to France to watch it one day.

Yes, Channel 4 coverage will be sadly missed. Although the coverage air time was limited, the programme was put together very nicely.

ITV 1 will be having coverage but it will be late at night, so if your a nightowl then thats fine.

ITV 2 are showing coverage live with Phill Liggett and the usuall coverage by David Duffield on Eurosport.

Guest costessey

who's the geezer a few years back who sold food near record tools...he was bike mad, he sold me an mb (dronny) one. reckons he used to do about 50 miles a day 4 fun. would be in his 60's now, and lived out at anston.