The new school lunch laws for September!

As this goverment gone power crazy ? Recieved letters today now stating new laws over what children can and cant eat from september.BANNED are sausage rolls,cheese strings,cereal bars,fruit flakes,biscuits,cordial,flavoured water,fish fingers,prok pies plus lots more.Each school as the right to confiscate food from a childs packed lunch if does not meet the guide lines of the new laws i personally think if we pack our children up with items such as sandwich,fruit yoghurt and a chocolate bar is our choice.The school cook also has had to remove all items off the school menu and replace with rice,pasta and things children will not eat and go hungry then surely there work will suffer !!!! I would also like to no if this rule applies to muslims etc as if our children are forced to eat by these laws surely it should mean every child or will religion stop them again ?:loopy::loopy:

why feel the need to bring race into it?

I think that's a pretty extreme measure, but if you look at obesity stats I can understand the reasons behind it.

For such an "advanced" nation, we tend to eat very badly.

Do we have a right to make our children eat unhealthy food because we're too lazy / ignorant to either learn how to cook properly, educate children on what good eating is, and put up with them whining about healthy food?

Is it worth the potentially quite serious health problems they may face later in life, to save a few rows?

My children aren't allowed to take junk food into school, which I thought was fair enough - until i learned they have a tuck shop in school that sells all sorts of rubbish..

Oh, and on the day i found this out, i asked my son what he had for dinner at school. Sausage and chips.

It seems the rubbish parents put in their children's lunchboxes is far more damaging than the rubbish provided by school......

why feel the need to bring race into it?

I think that's a pretty extreme measure, but if you look at obesity stats I can understand the reasons behind it.

For such an "advanced" nation, we tend to eat very badly.

Do we have a right to make our children eat unhealthy food because we're too lazy / ignorant to either learn how to cook properly, educate children on what good eating is, and put up with them whining about healthy food?

Is it worth the potentially quite serious health problems they may face later in life, to save a few rows?

I was stating a fact wasnt meaning it any other way. And our children are normal weight under if anything and have a proper diet but also with items such as cheese strings,sausage rolls along with fruit and yogurt.Why should all children pay for the lazy obese parents and children

My children aren't allowed to take junk food into school, which I thought was fair enough - until i learned they have a tuck shop in school that sells all sorts of rubbish..

Oh, and on the day i found this out, i asked my son what he had for dinner at school. Sausage and chips.

It seems the rubbish parents put in their children's lunchboxes is far more damaging than the rubbish provided by school......

Our school were my children go run a healthy tuck shop twice a morning,and also a tuck shop with sweets after school which is the parents choice weather they buy sweets or not but during the school day it is healthy

The Government aren't crazy, but they are backed into a corner and must act in some way.

Childhood obesity is getting worse and pretty soon we're going to have a generation of - to put it bluntly - larda**es who cannot excerise or do any kind of manual work and could be a drain on NHS resources. Not only that but too much sugar in a diet can have adverse affects for trying to teach the little dears.

You want to blame someone, then blame the ill educated parents who allow their children to eat rubbish day in day out. Blame your local council for allowing yet another fast food takeaway to open up in your area.

All-in-all, with government interference in most aspects of childrens' lives and the plan to have everybody at school until the're eighteen and the increase in kindergardens, it would surely be simpler just to shove kids into State Institutions, after they were weaned and letting them out, at age 18, in time for 4 years at a university, if they can read and write by that time.

Parents could visit them, providing the parents weren't fat, didn't smoke or drink or didn't openly criticise the government. Perhaps this IS the long-term plan ?

Welcome to the Brave New World of H.M.S. Blighty !!

So, Jonny 'bad parents' takes his lunch to school, kit kat, nasty ham sandwich, sunny d and cheesy strings with some cordial in a bottle.

What are they going to do? confiscate it and let him go hungry, fine the parent? Not quite sure about this at all. :huh:

the budgets that schools are given for meals must have some part to play in all this, is it a case of what's cheaper than what's better?

Next they'll ban kids smoking in school:rolleyes:

I can't see that this is serious. What they gonna have? packed lunch police?

Personally if when I went to school, all that was on offer was rice and pasta, I probably just wouldn't have eaten. And if they took my packed lunch off me, I would have jumped the gates and got something from the shop.

We are all in the grips of a Nanny State - we are being told what we can and cannot eat, where we can and cannot smoke, what we can and cannot say!

These beaurocrats need to visit the shopping centres at lunchtimes and see the kids queing at the Pizza shop, chip shop and sandwich shop for a nice greasy sandwich rather than staying in school and tucking into a "healthy meal".

When I was at school you either had to eat in school or have a note to go home to dinners - no going to the local shops but if the kids are allowed to do this, then who can blame them if school meals are so boring. It is down to commong sense and moderation - one chocolate bar a day is not going to kill anyone - ten a day might.........EVENTUALLY!

it all ways boils down to them earning money