Hurfield secondary modern school

went there from easter till august 1957

Anyone out there remember Mick Taylor, Monty he would have left about 1969, his mate was black lad Carl Stevens [Friday] .

He was a bit of a well known character.

In inter school fights between Hulfield and Central Tech . He was with a gang of Hurlfield lads and the saw the tech lads at the Punchbowl he shouted charge and ran towards them but no one followed him and he ran on his own waving a milk crate.

He got a right battering,

It was a shame really cos most of the lads he charged were his mates that he knocked around with.He was out with them that night.

Unfortunately he died about 5 years ago

Guest Mickyboy

Any one remember Monty [Mick Taylor]

Must have left about 1968-9

I remember when then were fights between Hurlfield & Central Tech.

Monty led a gang from Hurlfield to the Punchbowl where he tech lads were waiting.

He shouted chage and ran towards them waving a milk crate.

Unfortunately he ran on his own, and got a good hammering.

The strange thing was most of the tech lads were his mates and he went out with them that night even though they'd battered him.

He used to knock about with a black lad carl Stevens {Friday}

Unfortunately Monty died a few years ago

i went to hurlfield school from 1968 to 1970 i was one of the first girls there when it changed over from hurlfield boys to a mixed school and the only girls were the 1st year and 3rd year. i was in the 3rd year but did not like the school cant remember much of it was glad when i left it.

attended hurlfield 61-65, when it was a boys only school, the trophy cabinet in the foyerwas full every year , when it came to sport we wre up there with the best, football rugby, cricket, athletics, cross country, you name it we won it , looking back it was something to be proud of.

Only just joined this forum so hence last response.

Was at Hurlfield from 61 to 66.

Head, Mr Egerton, Deputy Mr Lupton ( 7 foot tall!!) he was followed by silver haired Houdmont, evil sod, there was Jack Crashaw Maths, Peter Hartley English, Peter Jennings Science, Brian Standing Tech Drawing, Stuart Greenhough Geography, Taffy Morgan Scripture he was followed by another guy called Hartley, Bill Machin for PE and Clifford Thorpe for Woodwork.

Anyone else go down to the shopping centre for Egertons cigs?

Used to let you have the change, all 3d of it!!!

Great days.

hi philipb

if you were there at that time youmust know me

Pat, who else was in your class? Remember any names?

Steve Rhodes, Graham Cockings, Trevor Wooley, Steve Coates are a few that spring to mind.

hi phil

know them all, don,t think i have seen any of them since the day i left, how about you

hi phil

do you remember these lads, Mick Donohoe, Kieth Wales, John Hodson, Jack Hague,and Ralph Lyons ( Ralph went on to teach at Hurlfield in the early 70,s

Hi Pat.

Can't say I've seen any of them.

Remember Tassos Severis? Good footballer and drawer.

Believe he's Headmaster in Nottingham now?

When did you leave Pat?

hi phil

yes i remember him very well, he was in my class in the 2nd year. our teacher was mr. kirk.