Hurfield secondary modern school

TomTom, I went to Hurlfield during those years,I was in Mr Tompkins class,

Katherine Harvey, name rings a bell, Dark haired girl if it's who I'm thinking of.

As for the youth club, went there too, the table tennis table, the pinball machines, snack bar......Dundee biscuits.....Mmmmmm, and the 'disco' , painted black......there's a surprise..

Regards,acman.

Before the purpose built youth club was built, the y/c was held in a room above the school hall. Tech drawining teacher Brian Standing ran it who went on to become full time leader.

Other teachers helped at night, Martin Tompkins, John Dunford, Brenda Kelly who later became Mrs Standing, Mr Jennings.

Mrs Gray ran the coffee bar.

When did the school close, I was there when it opened in 1955, sad to see it's gone

Barrie

Hi, is your name Barry Longley? Organizer of milk supplies at Hurlfield boys 1957.

Hi I am still wanting to make contact with boys who went to Hurlfield 61 to 65 come on lets have a reunion.

Sorry, cancel the post above.It was Derrick longley.

Hi peterdo, you asked if I was the milk supplier to Hurlfield, sadly not the guy you are looking for. I was there in 1955. Barrie Whitaker.

Just trolled through this thread-all 9 pages--only saw one person who was there at the same time as me and that was Bill Stevens and I do not recall him--(well we are all in our late 60,s)

I left in 59 in 4B-(beatty house)

some of the lads I recall are----

Richard Caborn

Les Smith

Roger Cardwell

Christopher Powell

Ashley Peach

David Putland

Les Cocker

John Oldfield

Fred Willey

Trevor Fleming

Roger Faulkner

Hedley Sidall

Roy Beaumont

John Sedgwick

Geoff Hebblethwaite

John Yeardley

Marvin Howe

David Johnson

Raymond Quibble

Alan Moss

Stephen Lake

Mick Dooley

Bruce Sockett

Mick Hollingsworth

Brian ?Frost----had a younger brother-Harry

Ron Hill

Roger Hanley

Micheal Dooley

Barry Whitaker

sorry if I may have missed anyone as I think there were 40 in a class at that time, and I may have got some first names mixed up-----more to come

Hi Thanks for remembering me Barrie Whitaker, I just recently stumbled across this website and see quite a few names I remember. Barrie

Hi to Barrie Whitaker used to do photography with you after school-seem to remember you going to Sheffield University as a lab technician--cheers

Yes we did along with Marvin Howe, I still am an avid photographer are you?

I did got the Sheffield University, then later into further education in psychology and joined British Airways, from there to PricewaterhouseCoopers as a Director in charge of Psycho unit.

Dennis you have a great memory remembering all those classmates.

I went to Hurlfield Secondary modern from 1960 to 1964. I remember when I was 13 years old that one of our class mates died . I believe his name was Roy Norton. The class went to his funeral at City Road Cemetery. have I got his name right or was it another name? Can anyone remember?

Roy Noton died 4th. Jan. 1962 aged 12. He lived on Duke St. His Mother and Father had a fruit/veg shop below Red Lion.by the way is that Mick Justice?

I was at Hurlfield with you and Manor Lane before that , Alan Smith mate.

to miffa 49----dont think our paths ever crossed---as I left in 59--but in our class was a lad called Ashley Peach--whose parents had (I think) a grogery shop below the Red Lion (now shut)--always remember seeing their name above door for years after I left school as I sat on the 95 along Duke St and City Road---just a co-incidence about the lad who died I thought