Hurfield secondary modern school

Elsewhere on the forum are my recollections of Bill Machin. Can't remember which thread it was under, but it tells how I got my own back on the ratbag.

Will attempt to find it and let you know.

Found it.

If you click on the search and type in bill machin it will bring up the other thread. There's lots of reminiscing on that one as well.

Elsewhere on the forum are my recollections of Bill Machin. Can't remember which thread it was under, but it tells how I got my own back on the ratbag.

Will attempt to find it and let you know.

Just read your other post. Really hilarious mate. It's good to know that I wasn't the only one to exact some form of revenge on that b*****d Machin.

i left in 72 the head then was mr adams music teacher was chatterton any one remember miss ebblethwate ? she had peroxide blonde hair she used to teach r.e but she got married and changed her name .can also remember swimathons whch used to be a good laugh

Blooming heck,

I attended Hurlfield 1968 to 1972 when I left to joing the Navy. I cant remember anything but I left the navy in 1994 and have lived in Sheffield ever since.

I have driven past and even gone into the car park and the school seems to be functioning ok. There have been loads of buildings erected on the old playing fields so I assume that all is well. The old youth club buildings are still there - crikey what a lot of memories.

Anyone remember a sad stumpy git who always attracted trouble????

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can remember me.

Regards

Alan Hill

hi alan

did you start in a year higher than the rest of us ?

Hi cdtiman,

Not sure I understand your question.

I started at age 11 in 1968 and left at age 15 in January 1972.

Does that help? Or have I misunderstood you?

Alan

Hi cdtiman,

Not sure I understand your question.

I started at age 11 in 1968 and left at age 15 in January 1972.

Does that help? Or have I misunderstood you?

Alan

have pm`d you

I went to Hurlfield from 1982 to 1986. I remember Mr Rowson, Mr and Mrs Hartley, Mrs. Rutherford, Mr. Monson, and my favorite teacher Mr. Pollack, taught art, really nice teacher.

Do they ever have any school Reunions for the old Hurlfield student? I love to go if they did. All my family is still located in Sheffield so I do get to travel home every now and then. Michelle

they do have reunions , i have been invited to a few but have been unable to go at the time. look on friends reunited thats where i catch up with everyone.

i left hurfield girls in 64/65,i remember mrs knott/miss batemore,miss smith and the dreaded mr pickering,dimentia hasnt quite set in yet:hihi:[/QU