Your proudest moment?

It's a controversial notion, I know, but for most people - and especially men - having kids requires only the ability to have sex; hardly a pride-inspiring concept.

Making a good job of bringing them up, watching them develop their peronalities, loving them with all your being - it's so much more than just sex Hecate :)

I'm very proud indeed of how young Draggle is turning out :) :)

Not sure "proud" is really the right word but I remember a couple of occasions when I've received public adulation and that momentary thrill has stayed with me a lot longer than the feeling I had when I obtained my degree or got my job.

I suppose I am a little shallow and vain and seek the attention and approval of others rather than my own sense of achievement.

Hmmm, I'm not really sure that if I ever have kids it will necessarily replace the culmination of three years of hard academic graft as my proudest moment. It's a controversial notion, I know, but for most people - and especially men - having kids requires only the ability to have sex; hardly a pride-inspiring concept.

Happiest memory, perhaps. Proudest? Not sure. Depends on your definition, I guess.

you are proving my point, thanks :thumbsup:

Apart from the kids ...

Doing the Race for Life, especially when the song, 'What have you done today to make you feel proud'! started playing as we went out of Don Valley Stadium.

Saving someones life when I was a doorman. She had taken a bad pill and that was it. I found her in the toilet managed to resuscitate her and got her an ambulance to hospital.

The best bit was when her dad came to see me at work. He just walked up to me and gave me the biggest bear-hug I've ever had and then he just burst into tears.

I still see him, his wife, and their daughter when I go home. She has just graduated form Warwick University with a first in Politics (well done Jenny).

Making a good job of bringing them up, watching them develop their peronalities, loving them with all your being - it's so much more than just sex Hecate :)

I'm very proud indeed of how young Draggle is turning out :) :)

I was referring specifically to the notion of being proud at the 'birth' of your child. Of course you're going to be proud of what they develop into and achieve. Being proud of the mere ability to reproduce is a different matter (unless you're taking pride in the woman's ability to nurture and pop out the baby at the end of the nine months).

you are proving my point, thanks :thumbsup:

What point would that be?

having my 2 kids was the best for me

more for my daughter who was born at just 23 weeks though!

Reading in the Star that I'd got an A for GCSE English Language from Loxley College.

Proud moment and a swift "Up yours" to all those tossers at School who said I'd never amount to anything.

And last Thursday night when my Brother rang from London and told us that on the 26th of January 2008, I will become an Uncle!

my proudest moment was when they laid my new born daughter on my chest, i was so over come i didnt think to check what sex baby id had, after what seemed like forever the midwife asked me whether it was a boy or girl:)

Obviously my kids being born but also the day i did the sheffield marathon for cancer research after the death of my parents.:|

What point would that be?
that it's obvious who the non parents are as all the parents seem to be saying the same thing