Sign in to follow this  

The Fountain Bar

Can some one please clarify this for me.

The Fountain Bar near orchard square. Please someone tell me that it isn't gay bar. people at work are telling me it is but I dont think so. I went last night and sometimes go with our lass. It certainly doesn't come accross as one and it has couples (male-female) in it.

Also - it changed its name to that in past year or so. What was it called before then??

Mark, why does it matter so much? The gay people of this world are no more likely to drag you down some back alley and have their way with you than the average straight person is. Just go in and enjoy it, if you like the bar why worry about what your friends at work say.

I am just curious to know if it is acually one because I dont think it is and work do. i just want to prove it to them thats all.

I agree with owdlad. Although, if you go to this place on a regular basis and havent seen anything 'unusual' then it is fair to assume it is straight.

to my knowledge it aint a gay bar.........it used to be called the pig and whistle btw

Its going off the topic here. I have nothing against gay people. i just want to know about that bar. Please don;t let this subject go a-stray.

It''s NOT a gay bar,,, my mate is the manager and so i can assure u that it is not.

I often go to there but am anything but gay, I would be very surprised if it was now a gay bar although the more I think about it, the more it begins to make sense.

See, even in today's liberal society, Gay people are scrutinised and made to feel uncomfortable by a certain minority. Now if you look at the Fountain bar you will see it hasn't got any window's. The Cossack and if I am correct, Dempsey's are also both enclosed within themselves.

This could allow for a less intimidating atmosphere for some gay's as there is no way for passers by to gawp at them through windows like they would animals in a zoo.

Just an Idea.

Regards

Deano

The cossack has been shut for a while and Demseys has got windows.

I feel for the gays in sheffield as there is nowhere decent to go out. A girl I'm seeing has a gay friend and we ended up in dempsies one night last week. The place is a dive.

Originally posted by carcrash

The cossack has been shut for a while and Demseys has got windows.

and the cossack had windows....2,i used to go in on sunday afternoons the tunes were spot on......made a few good mates aswell,there was a crowd of us from the bar 101 used to go down and were always made welcome.

Just commenting on what i've seen personally.

I always thought the cossack had MDF boards for windows and thought the 'gay' section so to speak was in a back room of Dempsy's.

Nice to be proved wrong every now and again :)

Regards

Deano