Brazen Burglars

I know that

But where are you supposed to put your TV (they are heavy) & hide it whenever you go & why should you have to

you shouldnt, but this country is currently lacking in law and order.

If i was in your position i would be thankful that you are one of the 1 in 6 victims of burglary in this county whose burglary is investigated.

I used to know some-one who lived on the Woodthorpe estate. Burglars kicked in his back door in daylight then started to load his car with stuff from the house mostly computer bits and small electrical appliances. They also took his wide screen TV but as they were loading it into the car they were stopped by some-one who lives further along the road who offered the burglars £50 for it.

When my friend got home one neighbour helpfully told him they'd heard the door being kicked in then to addd insult to injury another neighbour told him about the attempt by some-one to buy his TV which they didn't get by the way.

So he lost his car quite a few things from the house, had a door kicked in and people in nearby houses knew it was happening.

I can't help but wonder what he'd done to upset these nearby neighbours.

Our tv was never really on display, the downfall may have been that the blinds we have up to the window are the wooden latt style where they never really create an overall black-out, anyone could have peered through in the early hours of the weekend when we quite often stay up V-late... thanx for the comments everyone, its good to hear opinions and support... please keep an eye out for people who wouldnt normally own such a TV or someone attempting to sell one.. thanx.

Thing is, why should we have to hide behind blinds or blackout curtains just to keep toerags from breaking in? We got burgled 3 weeks ago, by coincidence Martin also dealt with us as it was a sunday and nobody was available in NW Sheff (a really nice bloke and propper old school copper who actually gives a damn about "minor" crimes like burglary) so if anyone will get a result he will.

The bottom line is why should we have to adjust our lives and curtain arrangements because some antiscial little rat-people can't do an honest days work?

I know we need to be security concious but it's about time we actually got some policitians who gae a damn about honest people instead of the "human rights" of thieving little scrotes so we can have no curtains at all if we so choose and rest easy in our beds that the police and courts have all the tools they need to catch the little swines and cage them for a long time. (although probably we should have some curtains in the bedroom at least if we want to rest easy in our beds)

People often condemn neighbours for being nosey or 'curtain twitchers', but this should be encouraged all the more, i wish one of my neighbours would have witnessed the break in or the 2 men carrying my TV across the road, people are these days too scared of retribution to bear witness to crime or speak up against the assailants. if politicians are willing to give the criminals an easy ride then the community should be prepared to prevent it before it even happens, the CHAV armies that roam the streets need to be observed more and photographed when doing such things as walking into peoples back yards, a place where they obviously shouldn't be, vigilance is needed to prevent the plague of robberies / burglaries rife at present in the Walkley area.. BE MORE OBSERVANT.

I am glad you have said that rfs-001, Because for the last few months I have found it very hard not to 'curtain twitch' every time I hear somthing outside. There has been a huge increse of chavvy type kids hanging round. They seem to congrigate late at night on our road damaging property,drinking and smoking drugs.

They seem to be fearless and as you say are very brazen about the illegal activitys they indulge in. It was only about half past three when they were trying to gain access to the house over from me, and they did not care that it was the middle of the day. The older ones who have drifted into the area seem to have all the younger ones running round for them, A couple of those kids the other day used to go to school with my eldest, so are only 12.

I have concerns that the area's getting totally out of contoll, I will not go to the shops at night anymore. The other week I dare not leave the house because there were at least 15 of them sitting on my wall, throwing beercan's in my garden and jumping on parked cars. I hope the police get it sorted soon

I hate the fact that adults can feel intimidated by youths when wanting to do a simple thing like walking to the local shops after about 9:30pm. I agree to a certain extent that there is little for a teenager to do, too old for a playground / park and too young for the pub but this is no excuse to turn to drugs, booze and/or crime. im sick of the 'youth rule' on the streets that we pay heavy tax's to keep safe and maintained, either more police patrols or street cameras are needed, and fast>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Tuesday the 24th of July my house in Walkley was burgled in broad daylight between the hours of about 12-2pm. The thieves appear to have walked casually out of my front door, (howard road) with my prized 50" plasma tv which does weigh an absolute tonne. they also escaped with a laptop & portable dvd player and bizzarely enough my Shrek dvd in 3d with about 10 pairs of 3d glasses!! This is daylight robbery at its worst, i am appealing for witnesses of these men carrying a hugh 50" plasma tv across Howard Road bang across from the church, thanx.

please ask your friends who would regularly use south road / howard road, midweek between about 12-2pm, they may have seen the two men who burgled me on tuesday the 24th carrrying my big 50" plasma tv across the road, any info would be more than welcome no matter how small or insignificant it might seem

You are not in my position & I am not one of those 1 in 6 you mention, I am replying to someone elses threads, if you start from the beginning you will see this

My story is in the Sheffield Star tonight..!! but the only thing is... they have printed that the incident happened on monday when infact it was tuesday around 1-3pm....!!! aaarrgh... never mind.. it may still jog someones memory i suppose..

Detective Martin Newman needs your call with information leading to recovery of stolen items or information leading to the arrest of burglars running riot in the walkley area - 0114 2963510... 'dont be a silent witness to crime in your area.'

NOTICE TO ALL WALKLEY RESIDENTS: My friend has just called me to say that he has spotted 2 x youths potentially 'eying-up' property on Freedom Road, the brief description is as follows: first youth 14/15yrs, slim build, 5 4" - 5 5" wearing jeans + white trainers + tracksuit top, browny / mousey shaved hair on sides and back, the other youth was about 5 8" / 5 9", 16-17yrs, dark coloured, smart looking jeans + trainers, with fred perry style smart / casual jumper, medium build, short brown hair. THEY WERE SEEN WALKING AROUND AND LOOKING A PROPERTY ON FREEDOM ROAD AT ABOUT 6:15. BEWARE !!

i am urging people to unite and speak to / confront / photograph and document when you see youths loitering around property where you suspect they shouldnt be, obviously this doesnt include places like the shops which has a natural gravitation for them at the best of times, im talking particularly to the rear of terraced houses, in the back yards where most sightings have been reported. please feel free to use this thread to post incidents or descriptions for all to see and raise awareness of the growing plague of burglaries. thankyou..