Brazen Burglars

On Tuesday the 24th of July my house in Walkley was burgled in broad daylight between the hours of about 12-2pm. The thieves appear to have walked casually out of my front door, (howard road) with my prized 50" plasma tv which does weigh an absolute tonne. they also escaped with a laptop & portable dvd player and bizzarely enough my Shrek dvd in 3d with about 10 pairs of 3d glasses!! This is daylight robbery at its worst, i am appealing for witnesses of these men carrying a hugh 50" plasma tv across Howard Road bang across from the church, thanx.

I can't work out whether you are serious or not.

If you are I'm gobsmacked but being a student area people might have thought they were just moving.

Hope you're insured and I hope they get caught. Cheek of it.

I can't work out whether you are serious or not.

If you are I'm gobsmacked but being a student area people might have thought they were just moving.

Hope you're insured and I hope they get caught. Cheek of it.

most passers by would automatically have assumed that such a large object being moved in broad daylight was innocent, but far from it..! the forensic team investigating have a couple of good prints and items taken for lab tests, there is also a suspect vehicle seen in the area that is being investigated, if anyone hears of an offer of to buy a 50" plasma tv at a knockdown price then please contact DETECTIVE MARTIN NEWMAN - MOSS WAY BURGLARY TEAM ON 0114 296 3510, THANX

That's shocking, I live in Walkley too. The other day I saw a bunch of teenagers trying to get in a house over the road. I did report this and have photo's of these kids. but I doubt they are the same ones you are looking for by the sounds of it.

Hope they catch the robbing gits

That's shocking, I live in Walkley too. The other day I saw a bunch of teenagers trying to get in a house over the road. I did report this and have photo's of these kids. but I doubt they are the same ones you are looking for by the sounds of it.

Hope they catch the robbing gits

There seem to be a lot of teenagers in the area that are keen to look into peoples properties in an attempt to 'eye-up' the contents, it almost appears to me as if they are the scouts for professional burglars, too many of my neighbours have reported youths peering into their windows, especially to the rear of the properties, in our own back yards. WALKLEY HAS A REAL GROWING PROBLEM OF DISORDER AND LAWLESSNESS

There seem to be a lot of teenagers in the area that are keen to look into peoples properties in an attempt to 'eye-up' the contents, it almost appears to me as if they are the scouts for professional burglars, too many of my neighbours have reported youths peering into their windows, especially to the rear of the properties, in our own back yards. WALKLEY HAS A REAL GROWING PROBLEM OF DISORDER AND LAWLESSNESS

My mum lives in the area at the Joseph rd flats. There has been a bit of minor stuff there too, looks like kids messing around but worrying nontheless.

My mum lives in the area at the Joseph rd flats. There has been a bit of minor stuff there too, looks like kids messing around but worrying nontheless.

Having only lived on this side of town for the past 3 years, i have experienced and heard of more crime & minor incidents than on the south side of Sheffield in the past 20yrs... Its a hell of a shame because i do love this area (hillsborough + walkley) but now feel the urge to move away, and that does pain me to say so..

I don't think it makes much difference where you live, so don't go giving up and moving.:):)

I don't think it makes much difference where you live, so don't go giving up and moving.:):)

True, you do get crime and thieving toe-rags wherever you call home, but this is the first time anything like this has happened to me (burglary) and it kinda destroys your faith in the human race, being a caring and sharing person myself, i suppose it was overly optimistic of me to assume that others will be the same.. i still have faith that someone in the area will hear of a 50" plasma tv for sale and inform the investigating detective above..:help:

This is absolutely disgusting and please may I pass on my sincere condolencies. Its a total disgrace that we cannot go out and leave our home and possessions in which we have worked hard for without the thought that someone will be in to help themselves.

Im shocked and stunned that someone can walk out of your house in broad daylight with a 50" plasma and no one noticed. I know we have house insurance but that is not the point, insurance gets more and more expensive by the year and we are paying for these theiving gits to go around and take whatever they fancy ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I cant imagine how angry and frustrated you may feel!

This is absolutely disgusting and please may I pass on my sincere condolencies. Its a total disgrace that we cannot go out and leave our home and possessions in which we have worked hard for without the thought that someone will be in to help themselves.

Im shocked and stunned that someone can walk out of your house in broad daylight with a 50" plasma and no one noticed. I know we have house insurance but that is not the point, insurance gets more and more expensive by the year and we are paying for these theiving gits to go around and take whatever they fancy ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I cant imagine how angry and frustrated you may feel!

Much more than the loss of an expensive TV and the feeling of invasion, i feel saddened that people have no sense of compassion or consideration for people around them, the level of disregard for our fellow man and neighbour is at an all time low, in all areas

:rant:I totally agree with you. Even if the scum are caught, it probably wont make you feel better. Its bad enough thieving stuff but when its from someone's home its completely not on. This subject makes me so angry how some people think they can just go in your property and take what they want with no consideration to others...oh I hate them!:rant::rant::rant: