Anyone had problems with The Urban Letting Company?

I think that may be the manager's address, well part of it. Her name was on this thread but looks to have been removed now. trying searching for her name on Directory enquiries..

Her name is in the article in the star linked to in a post above. As is her probable home address

Morning Everyone,

I have an update on the whereabouts of the ULC - It seems they have moved offices to 143 London Road - Which they told me yesterday. Went down last night, and although I cannot confirm it is them there is a shiny new office at that address and checked with a very nice lady across the street and she confimed someone moved in yesterday.

Hope this might help you all.

Well !! lets see if they contact anybody !!! hold your breath!!

When I spoke to the woman she said she was contacting all landlords to rectify the situation, and she is hoping to keep all business.

I rent a property from Urban lettings, can not even pay my rent. I am sure even if they where moving, you should be able to contact them, there web page as not even been changed. Corioos to know how you have made contact with them, because I am unable to even leave a message as answer phone is full

Seems they have moved to 143 london Road and are now called Urban Estates!

Hope this helps at least you can go down ansd see them, if you find out anything let us

know please!!!!

Does this mean then that all the people she owes money to under THE URBAN LETTING COMPANY LTD. ie. Landlords, tenants, contractors etc will now be not paid if she goes bankrupt? and she can legally start up another company with a slightly different name and still trade, surely this cant be legal, I for one know her very well and the lies and things she gets up to so if there is a way of getting out of paying people she will.

I would look at this extremely cautiously and not believe the lies until the cash is in the bank, she has not long been at Wilkinson street after moving from Victoria Quays after might I add not paying that Landlord, so she is not trustworthy.

She stops everybody's cheques and now they are coming back as theft, I for one do not believe that a simple move that took only a couple of days would cause this amount of disruption with the banks, phones etc.

Good Luck

Be very careful people, I also know personally of this women, if you can get out, get out now. Take your property to a reputable letting company, preferably one that is a member of ARLA.

This is not the first time she has done this, and im sure it wont be the last.

what do you mean not first time she has done this - tell more!!

what do you mean not first time she has done this - tell more!!

not sure I should go into detail on a public forum, but needless to say there have been other landlords in the past,that have been left out of pocket.

I also know the underhand way in which she set the company up, and that perfectly sums up the sort of person she is.

I've been waiting to get my bond back from ULC since March. When I have got hold of them on the phone I've had nothing but excuses. The bond in question was for a property I rented just before the new protection scheme thing came in, so I guess I'm even less likely to see my money. Great :|

I've been waiting to get my bond back from ULC since March. When I have got hold of them on the phone I've had nothing but excuses. The bond in question was for a property I rented just before the new protection scheme thing came in, so I guess I'm even less likely to see my money. Great :|

Why have you not used the small claims court? It cost you max £75 whether you win or lose, and will be very quick (couple of weeks) chances are they will return the bond before the court date.