Anyone had problems with The Urban Letting Company?

This is the latest from Hillsborough Police:

Thankyou for your phonecall last week. Apologies for the delay in recontacting you but I have been out of the office this week. Apologies again that you have not recieved contact until now in respect of the Urban Letting Company case. I did send emails to everyone who attended at the meeting last year however I have realised that your email address was incorrectly imputted onto our victim database (you can see from the attached email that was sent out in December).

To put you in the picture, Karen MACKEY was arrested on 19/01/09 on suspicion of various fraud offences. She is due to return on bail in March. In the mean time I am collating as much evidence as possible. I will need to obtain a statement from you in due course. Due to a change in my personal circumstances I am unable to leave the Police station to take statements, however if you are able to attend at Attercliffe Police Station this would be very helpful. If not I am sure that alternative arrangements can be made. Apologies if this is an inconvenience.

Please let me know when you are avaliable and I will attempt to work around you as much as I can. You can contact me via email or on the below number (please note that I am the only person working in this offence so if there is no answer please leave a message)

many thanks

Dawn

PC 538 Dawn STUMP

Attercliffe Police Station

Direct Dial 0114 2964460

EXT 4460

Air Waves: 0538

Email address [email protected]

Citizen focus: Improving satisfaction and confidence is a priority of the force.

To find out who your local safer neighbourhood team officer is, how to contact them, and to find out what is happening in your area enter your post code at http://neighbourhood.southyorks.police.uk

Does anyone know the latest on the situation with Karen and the Urban Letting Company?

any ideas what happened with this in the end?

I would love to know what the end outcome was - anyone know?

It's been a long time coming, but there has finally been an update to this whole sorry saga. Karen Mackey who was the owner of the Urban Lettings Company got sentenced to 18 months in prison in June this year for fraudulant trading:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-fraudster-who-conned-clients-in-prison-appeal-1-4799445

Hope that's a lesson to her and any other rouge landlords / letting companies.