Anyone had problems with The Urban Letting Company?

Let's just say that having used them as my letting agent for just over 6 months I have come to know that just about everything that they have ever said to me is a load of rubbish. I am left owed a considerable amount of money.

Trading Standards say that anyone can setup as a Letting Agent, they are not regulated and one's only recourse is via the County Court. No one else seems to have had a problem, am I the onlly one?

i have never used them, but i know of them and how they set up the business-very underhand unfortunatly letting agents are not regulated, if they were then this company would not be trading

I have actually tried telephoning them today (I am looking for apartment to rent)

there is never no answer tried ringing yesterday no answer. I see plenty of let signs by them I just feel sorry for the people who are using them because how do they expect to get tenants for their properties if they do not answer their bloody phones.

You are better finding something through houses/flats to let on this website or gumtree and dealing directly with the landlord not letting agents.

Just want to know the views if anyone has used the Urban Letting in Sheffield.Something doesnt seem right and on here there is loads of people that say moneys are still owed to them and they not gettign it back??

Wanna share you views and see what can be done?

I have made the same mistake and Used the urban letting company to manage my Sheffield flat, they have excuses for almost everything, you have to push to get your money, never get a monthly statment unless you ask several times,they very rarely phone back when they say that they will, altogether a really bad expierence and I would not recommend them.

Hi,

I was just browsing through the sheffield forum when came across this thread about the Urban Lettings Company.

I rented a house from them and it was basically a pandora box of problems. The houses needed a lots of repairs as the walls were damp. they just put some sort of paint over it to cover it up. After few days in the property the walls started growing fungus and mold. I contacted the agents and they said they will do the repairs. but they never came and do any thing. In short after continuous requests they were not doing anything. after several months of request when they did not do any repairs, I had to contact council. The gentleman from Council came to visit the house and wrote a list of repairs to be done to the agent. They did the repairs and then started harrassment to me and my family. They sent goons and harrassed my pragnent wife forcing us to leave the house. At that time I had to contact the police and hired a solicitor to deal with my case. Its that time when it was revealed that they did not put my deposit in a deposit scheme as well which is a breach of law. The landlord also contacted my employer at several instances to defame me.

Well I have left the house but they did not give my money(deposit) back.

Just to warn you guys and gals, anyone wanting to rent from them beware and dont rent from them specially the house 2 Lifford stret and it still need a lots of repairs. Beware of these B******ds. As far as I am concerned, I have sued them for the damages they have to me and my family and the case is going to the court in few days.

Cheers.

interesting to find out there are other people out there having the same problems as me. no money paid, no answer to tel. calls. tell you a load of b-----t. am game for any action.

we've had loads of problems with them - they owe us money and the owner keeps telling me there's no problems and she'll pay us but after nearly 2 months still no cash. has anyone got any idea as to what can be done? she should be shut down, all she does is tell lies and spend other peoples money!!

do not let your property with the urban letting company!!

Can anyone tell me what is going on with this "so called" letting Agent. We let a flat in sheffield through these people and like so many of you have had problem after problem.Now we have had a cheque bounce for two months rent - returned marked "theft" can not get in touch with them - no phones being answered etc!! We live in west sussex so cannot just pop in to see the situation ourselves. Now another month

has prob been paid by tennant and we only have a name for him to contact !! Anyone

out there can help!!! desperated what to do next!! Has anyone contacted the Police or anyone been round to see if they are still in operation.......urgent help needed !!!!!

I am also a landlord with 2 properties with the urban letting company, 2 month rent cheque has been stopped, I was told by the urban letting company that there was fraud on the account. I have had similar problems that I can not get an answer, the phone is not answered. I am in the processing of instructing my solicitor as I know they have received the rents and not passed it on, in my book this is fraudulent activity.

I look forward to hearing other peoples comments.