Anyone remember the summer of 76

I have great memories of this year being a young lad heading towards 16.The summer went on for months and it seemed everyone one was so chilled and laid back.I spent six weeks down at Torksey in Lincolnshire and had a great time fishing, swimming and girls.The music seemed cool as well and the whole atmosphere was so great.Wish i had a time machine.:):)

Mud wallow!

How daft is that, tiny garden, hole in the clay soil, mum filled it with a bucket or two of water and we got loppy. made animals out of the clay and dried them off on the coal bunker :thumbsup:

It was grim in the rolling mill ;)

It was grim in the rolling mill ;)

Iknow remember me dad saying.:):)

Ladybirds everywhere....millions of the blighters :-)

Ladybirds everywhere....millions of the blighters :-)

I remember that! The news and a VW Beetle covered in the little devils. I also remember naughty boys collecting them in sweet jars. Wasn't that the year after the aphid plague?

It just seemed a good year.Whether its the fact things seem better when your young i dont know but i certainly enjoyed it and the people just seemed more relaxed.Must have been the heat, i dont know.:):)

It was hot and them aphids was nervous :-)

i wouldve been 7 then....cant really remmeber it, but if it was the year of the ladybirds then i do, think we were in blackpool.........millions of em all over, in yer sandwiches and the lot

I have a photo somewhere showing us holding up the front page of the Sun with the headline 'Hotter than Hawai - 96 degrees'. That was one good summer.

I just remember it being the long hot summer, I was a kid and it was great!

Yes, it was brilliant. We went to the coast every weekend. Got as brown as berries on the beach. We were younger then, and had no aches and pains, or operation scars. Every time I turned on the car radio, it seemed to be Billie Jo Spears with 'What I've Got in Mind'. I thought the following year (Silver Jubilee) would be the same, but it wasn't. 1976 was a truly great summer.