Sign in to follow this  

'Coughing' Beardie

I thought they couldn't eat insects found on the garden because of the risk of passing on bacteria etc to the reptile, not knowing where the outdoor insects have been.

Its more because they may have pesticides on them that could be toxic to lizards

S'pose, I know when I used to be on other forums (I think more American) people were always talking about catching their own food. I vaguely remember a conversation about slugs :-(

Administering Baytril orally has proven a disaster. We did it after her breakfast but she regurged so violently whilst we were giving it to her that my partner and I got covered in cricket/locust bits (apologies for TMI). She is now going back for biweekly injections to the tune of £18 a time - she so better get better!

I'm sorry to report that Faith passed away on Wednesday the cough came back twice. Once for a few days but clearing up on its own and then last week. It was really intermitant so we decided to monitor it.

I came home and she was gasping. I phoned the vet straight away but she died before they could call me back (or before I could have her there). She passed peacefuly in a tank seperated from the rest.

We burried her in the garden yesterday beneath the bush my partner bought me for Valentine's Day. She was almost the exact same age as her dad when died. Not quite old for a dragon but I kept her because she had growth problems when she a baby so she did well.

Thanks, she was the only one I bred myself and had a quirky ('feisty') personality. Its odd watching the others adapt - Twisty for example has been bobbing for the first time in months, she was a 'butch' so I think he hid his masculinity.

I won't breed any more - it would be irresponsible given Twisty's problems - but I'll probably find myself rescuing another should it come up.