Parkhouse school

I left PHS on the last day it operated as a school in 1995. The reason it closed was the council at the time no longer found a school which has low numbers viable. Seeing there was less than 300 pupils in 1993 the writing was on the wall.

Comments have been made previously about the Islamic school which took over. They were the only bidders for the building therefore rightfully occupy the site, though not all of it. It is a shame that many people did not support the school. Though it had its faults the children of Tinsley in the late 80s to 90s were not the worst in the city. By having to go to school in other areas, Tinsley's youths became crime savvy from their peers in other locations and Tinsley at times is a no-go area.

There has been a surge in Eastern European migrants in Tinsley...maybe they will need a secondary school..?

I have written this post because working in London, I find it hard to answer questions about my education..given my school closed and I have never seen any of my classmates since 1995.

Can anyone recall if Teddy Whitehead of Norborough Road Tinsley went to Parkhouse school. If he did he would have left in abouy 1968.

If you have any information about him whatsoever it would be appreciated if you would respond.

Thanks

:smile:

Blimley Steve that must have been some years ago!!! Wish you had said hello. I dont think that I am such a quiet girl now that I have grown up!!!:hihi:

Did you stay in the Darnall area?

hiya T r u on facebook had a few reunions in last few years will let you know next one if youre interested.dont use this site much not to clever with laptop.me and some you will remember talk on facebook.hope to hear from you.if you look up my name i am the fat kid with a red jumper and fish.

As a lad I lived in Tinsley and attended Park House School and left in 1973. I not only remember the teachers mentioned in earlier postings but remember a lot of the lads and lasses that attended back then.

Girls: Christine Dunn, Angela Garett, Tina Hatfield, Carol Simpson, Dinusha Deslavage, Gulnar Sieade, Susan Thurston, Beverly Unwin to name a few.

Boys: Conrad Kokoski, Gary Booker, Peter Hobbs, Ian Bluff, Alan Knight, Gary Wood, Gary Smith, Robert Brown, Robert Summerbell, Robert Kitchen, Edward Kitchen, Steven Smith, Alan Rafferty, Gary Suiter, Robert Scarrett, Alan Brown, Alan Cane and another Polish lad, who escapes my recall for the moment. (sorry)

The school houses consisted of Sheffield park names, Richmond, Longley,Weston and Concorde. Football kit was Yellow, Green, Blue and Red depending which house you was put in. I moved away but continued to travel to school by bus. Later I would visit on a Lambretta scooter to keep in touch, Tinsley lads had scooters but one lad Gary Booker had a 125cc Suzuki GT it was faster than any of us.

Tinsley was a great place to grow up, with Sheffield to the right, Rotherham to the left, it was great to play 5 a side on the local rec or Plumpers roundabout island !!!. Anyone remember the "Marden Coffee Bar" at lunch times ?

I have not lived in Yorkshire for 35 years but I still remember Tinsley and smile.

Hi all my brothers left phs in the 70s they are Kwvan and glen Mchale anyone remember em?

Hi, sorry those two names don't ring any bells as I left PHS in 1973 but I do remember Jean Maskery and her friend Jean with the round glasses and Alan Ball as mentioned in an earlier posting :) along with Ian Watson, Kevin Copland, Gary Hudson and his younger brother Phillip, Henry Stojack and all the Kitchen brothers and Kay

Mr Cliff once gave a friend and I the cane for fighting in the play ground, we actually was playing at " Kung Fu " but we got the cane anyway just in case :D

As kids we got the job of delivering vouchers for one free drink of coffee at the "Marden Coffee Bar" rather than deliver them to all the houses in Tinsley we sent most down the canal but sold the rest of vouchers to the other school pupils.

The coffee bar was inundated with school kids getting free coffee every lunch time for weeks, once we got the beverage we legged it three doors up to the chippy for a bag of chips to go with it.

(Sorry Mr Marden)

Edited by macbretta
IT FINISHED TOO QUICKLY

I left in 68 my best friend was Lynda Hughes who had a brother called Robert and also remember Dennis Wilson and Michael Garriety

and Paul Mayo

Teachers were

Mrs Millhouse Mr Phillips Mr Aizlewood Mr Smith Miss truckel Miss Hughes Mr Aizlewood and Mr Mc dowell anyone remember them ??

Hi, you left PHS before me but the names you mentioned all ring a bell as most Tinsley people knew who lived in the village. (as it was called back then) I found this site by accident and the Park House thread caught my attention, I haven't given my old school much thought for thirty years but seeing all the names reminded me like it was yesterday, I hope some of your friends reply on here soon. :)

Park House School Reunion

Friday 28th September

Bessemer pub (the old Fountain Bar, Pig and Whistle)

molly halley died before internet were invented she died in back yard protecting her empty bottles from going AWOL to cyril and holmsey.

---------- Post added 21-02-2014 at 12:15 ----------

:D

Those names bring back memories. When I changed school in third year, I became friends with a girl at the new school who a couple of years later went to Torquay to stay with her boyfriend at his mum's hotel. Our family holiday was in Torquay that year so we arranged to meet up. Turned out the mum's partner was Mr Holmes and there he was!!! Small world or what?

I am going to Torquay this summer.I would love to have a Basil fawltyesque moment with Holmsey,say the wifes died in bed etc ha ha.Whats the name of hotel.My name is Henry Lucas left in 83:thumbsup::thumbsup:

---------- Post added 21-02-2014 at 12:23 ----------

Forgot to mention...There's a Tinsley/Park House reunion for any ages at the Fox & Duck in Tinsley on Saturday 17th November. Be there or.......

I heard coppers came to reunion and asked Andy Smythe and his wife to remove their masks as Halloween had been over for weeks-when they said it was their original look the coppers said it must be connected to Blackburn meadows sewage works and left prompt-with no charge:hihi:

My dad and his older brother went, not sure when they left though was possibly around 71?? they are Phillip & Kevin Ryan

Martin

My husbands name is Steven Kelk attended Parkhouse school Tinsley until about 1967 comes from Carbrook -any one remember him...?

What ever happen to heath lavender from tinsley park house school was in the same class as me Mr macdonald 1981 to 1986 he was the one I had a crush on for five years still think of him often coming up to 30 years next year. left in 1986

Edited by tracey007007
would like to have a school reunion

You younger than my hubby Tracy -don't know Heath Lavender sorry