Parkhouse school

did anyone here attend park house school on bawtry road tinsley i left 1989

Mod note: Threads merged.

Yes i think you may be right. are you a twin I married in 1974 too

no im not but i now the twins you are thinking about as i use to knock around with them and yes one had the first name with the initial E & the other Y. I think your sis & i used to do gym together and when i was courting we used to get the same bus home at night from ponds st.

I cant think who you are then are you my age or my sis,s age. What was your surname?

my surname was smith,i lived in the houses where the doctors is on ingfield.Ithink you will find your sis knows me better than you do, that is if im on the right track. what is she doing now?( by the way im 51)

she is in crete at the moment with her golf pro boyfreind she has never settled down. shes got two boys one 13 one 9 to different fathers. She was always the wild one. My brother and I have only been married once and weve both got two girls. How about you?

were they aussies cause i think they spoke australian? as i do recall a kevin ryan.

They weren't aussie but had just returned from living out there for a few years, there youngest brother was born out there., he joined Navy in June 71 after leaving Parkhouse,I know his nickname was skippy because he'd been in Australia, but not sure if this was in Navy or at School, he stayed in Navy for 18 years he now lives at Hackenthorpe, near his best friend who he first met at ParkHouse Reg Hague,Phillip would have left the year before.

Yes that must be why i thought they originated from there. I know that it was kevin who was nicknamed skippy at school he was a nice lad,hope he is doing fine.

Yes he's well, hopefully he's coming down to visit me next week, if he does i'll put him on let him have a chat with you.

Is Parkhouse still standing?? last thing i knew when i lived in Rotherham a few years ago is that it was up for sale, possibly for developement of houses on the site????

yes its still there, i think it has been took over by our coloured friends but dont know what they use it for. I dont know if he will remember me but it would be nice to chat. thanx.

I went to PHS and left in '79. Mr Aizlewood used to describe school as "Rolls Royce". He left not long after I started there and then we got an airy fairy headteacher who didn't believe in school uniform and I think standards went down a bit. I remember Mr Mettam as swimming teacher always thought he was a bit of a lech. Remember Miss Windle the art teacher.